Toyota Tundra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
biggary - Could you please tell me what brand of towel these are? I checked my local Costco and could not find them. However, the manager told me that he could do a search by brand name to see which of the stores carry the product.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Franz said:
biggary - Could you please tell me what brand of towel these are? I checked my local Costco and could not find them. However, the manager told me that he could do a search by brand name to see which of the stores carry the product.

Thanks in advance.
Franz - Unfortunately I threw the package away, however, I looked at the labels on the towels and they say Eurow & OReilly Corp. I seem to remember the name Eurow on the plastic bag that they came in. There is also an 800-747-7452 number listed on the label for a contact number.

Hope this helps, Gary

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
biggary said:
I found a great deal on microfiber towels today for anyone who has a Costco membership (or knows someone who does).

The Costco in my area has a package of twelve 16" x 16" towels for only $8.59! Anyone who has bought or priced microfiber towels knows that you can easily pay that much for one towel, from many retailers. Yeah, I know they're not the really large towels that can suck up Lake Havasu, and they probably don't have a zillion fibers per inch (although the package doesn't say) like some advertisements claim, but they still get the job done and it's the best price I've ever found.

For less than ten bucks, I'll gladly use as many towels as it takes to dry my truck. If you're in the market for detailing towels, check it out!
They're actually great towels. They're 80/20 towels. I would have picked some up when I saw them but i've got microfiber towels coming out my ears.

I still might pick some up though because they are so nice though (and dirt cheap). It's instinctive.......

Alan

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Where at Costco?

Are these towels in the car care area??? I couldn't find them there today... :confused:

I did buy 2 - 6 qt cases of Mobil 1 for $23.99 each, set of 4 (blue to match the truck) 16 ft rachet tie downs for $14.99 and a 400 watt Coleman power inverter for $24.99!

Brad

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
tundrabrad said:
Are these towels in the car care area??? I couldn't find them there today... :confused:

I did buy 2 - 6 qt cases of Mobil 1 for $23.99 each, set of 4 (blue to match the truck) 16 ft rachet tie downs for $14.99 and a 400 watt Coleman power inverter for $24.99!

Brad
Yeah, they're in the automotive area.

alan

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
akauth said:
When I was over there I noticed that they have *12* 80/20 microfiber towels for $9 or something like that.
These towels are available again - at least at the Bakersfield Costco.

12-16x16 towels for $8.29. Good Deal!

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
They have them here in Albuquerque...picked up 2 packs yesterday.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I was at Costco today and seen the microfiber towels and remembered this thread so I picked up two packs.
Washed and rinsed my truck, broke open one of the packs and started drying it. To my amazement it only soaked up very little water and just pushed the rest around. So I grab another towel to help out and I notice a film being applied to my windows and that towel is just pushing the water around also. So far the only thing I’ve tried to dry is the front and rear driver’s side windows. I through those POSs on the floor board and go grab my old worn out bath towels that I usually use.
There is nothing on the label of the microfiber towels that says you need to wash them before using them but my guess is that will do the trick.

FYI

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Bbbutch said:
I was at Costco today and seen the microfiber towels and remembered this thread so I picked up two packs.
Washed and rinsed my truck, broke open one of the packs and started drying it. To my amazement it only soaked up very little water and just pushed the rest around. So I grab another towel to help out and I notice a film being applied to my windows and that towel is just pushing the water around also. So far the only thing I’ve tried to dry is the front and rear driver’s side windows. I through those POSs on the floor board and go grab my old worn out bath towels that I usually use.
There is nothing on the label of the microfiber towels that says you need to wash them before using them but my guess is that will do the trick.

FYI
Usually microfibers work fine right out of the package. You don't have to do anything.

But in your case those definitely sound likey they have some kind of an oily film on them. I looked at those towels and almost picked up a pack out of instinct - they seem of very high quality and dirt cheap in price. The only reason that I didn't is that I have microfiber towels coming out my ears. Every time I see something new I'm willing to give it a shot to see if it's better than what I have.

I have towels with three kind of microfiber hooks (one kind for wax, one kind for polish, one kind for glass) and three kinds of weaves (normal, flat like flannel for ultra polishing of a finished surface, and waffle weave in my big blue and little blue towels).

But all of them definitely absorb water better than you describe. Well, except for the polishing one - it's only for using on dry paint with, at most, a detail spray used VERY sparingly.

alan

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Bbbutch said:
So I grab another towel to help out and I notice a film being applied to my windows and that towel is just pushing the water around also. There is nothing on the label of the microfiber towels that says you need to wash them before using them but my guess is that will do the trick.

Used mine right out of the pack on 2 cars this weekend with no film like you describe. I used one to absorb the majority of the water and another to do the finish drying.

Try washing them and see if they will do the trick after that...

Good Luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cosco microfiber lacks....

I've been a zaino nutcase for a few years and went thru the wringer experimenting with different microfiber claims/products on my BMW. I have a supplier who sold me on his service and *plush* MF products. Yeah, they're not as cheap, but as wayne says, the poor taste of quality will linger long after the cost savings is recognized...email me for his website...

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
FINALLY the Costco here have these in stock now.

BTW these towels work GREAT for cleaning your sunglasses or glasses. :tu:

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
atrdnut said:
Can they be bleached? I haven't checked the washing instructions mine yet...
Don't bleach them or use fabric softener on them. Just a very little mild detergent soap if fine. Not too much soap either, do not dry them on hot either. Dry them on delicate or whatever than setting is on the womans machine! :D

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
peid said:
Don't bleach them or use fabric softener on them. Just a very little mild detergent soap if fine. Not too much soap either, do not dry them on hot either. Dry them on delicate or whatever than setting is on the womans machine! :D
Will do. Gots to get ready for the Tejas Meet on Saturday... doing my pre-meet rituals ;) Thanks, Peid ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm stoked I just bought 50 Microfiber towels, 16x13, for $16.95 off eBay. This will be my first time using MF towels on my truck inside or out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HY Supplies Inc provides Microfiber towels which are the very best towels used for cleaning purposes. It's available at an affordable cost. They are made by blending polyester and polyamides. Microfibers have less thickness than the gold strands and which are ultra-absorbent remove the dust from the interior and exterior surface of the car, glasses, windows without making any lint and scratches. Absorbency, lint-free and long-lasting features of microfiber towels are making them useful cleaning stuff.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts