Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend, I received my NAV unit from OEM value and installed it. Backup camera and bluetooth work great. Only problem is the microphone switch isn't working. The mic works when I'm on the phone but that's it, no voice commands. I connected the red, white, and yellow wires from the mic/switch unit to the correct pins on R10. I also jumpered pins 12 and 18 on R10 per all the instructions I have reviewed. When I push the mic button though, nothing happens. Anyone know if I need to do anything with the remaining 4 mic wires to get the switch to work?

Appreciate any help!

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
If you are using the mic button switch that come with the mic kit, you need to attach the two wire from the button switch to pin 9 and pin 10 on R10. Polarity doesn't matter. Sent you a PM about this if you want a pic of this. If you are using the switch say out of a Sienna, you will need to do nothing. Hope this helps.

This past weekend, I received my NAV unit from OEM value and installed it. Backup camera and bluetooth work great. Only problem is the microphone switch isn't working. The mic works when I'm on the phone but that's it, no voice commands. I connected the red, white, and yellow wires from the mic/switch unit to the correct pins on R10. I also jumpered pins 12 and 18 on R10 per all the instructions I have reviewed. When I push the mic button though, nothing happens. Anyone know if I need to do anything with the remaining 4 mic wires to get the switch to work?

Appreciate any help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

I've been searching all over for a solution to my OEM navigation installation and it appears you may have encountered a similar issue in the past. Here's my story:
- Installing a 2009 OEM Camry Nav unit into my 2007 Camry XLE (w/ JBL 6-disc, factory bluetooth mic and voice command button)
- Hooked up all wires according the oemvalue instructions
- Navigation works great
Problem: When I press the voice command button, I hear three beeps but nothing else happens, unit does not respond to voice commands. Do you recall the solution for your install issue?

I basically moved some wires to a new connector on the nav unit (red=microphone, light green=microphone amp power supply, green=microphone voice signal, telephone relation switch signal and ground pins are connected together with a jumper wire.

Any tips would be appreciated as I don't have the factory wiring diagram for the 2009 Camry nav unit.

Thanks,

Jason

2002 Tundra Access Cab
2003 Camry XLE
2007 Camry XLE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts