Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles do you guys get till the gas light comes up? on a full tank that is..

I got 350 mi. till the light flashed.. just curious..

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
the best i got one time was about 380. thats about 14 mpg. 50 miles of it were city driving. so i figure if i use cruise control on the freeway all the time, i can probably get 400 miles.

on my 01 civic, set the cruise at 75 and i can easily go 400+ on a tank. which is only 11.2 gals!

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
I can only get 300 to 330 with my 03 supercharged Tundra. My brother has the same truck (both 4.7L) but no SC and with a trottle body extender and Cold Air Intake. He consistently gets 420 to 430. I have to burn premium so he really rags on me!:cry:

·
Registered
797 Posts
I usually get around 240-260 in the winter and around 270 to maybe 300 if i'm lucky in the summer 2006 4x4 DC V-8
My truck has always got bad fuel mileage 12-13mpg in the winter and about 14ish in the summer.

the most I ever got was 15mpg on the money and I babied that tank before decided it's not worth my effort :)

p.s I hate these darn fuel mileage threads they always have a way ruining my supper.......

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't like to wait until my light comes on - if you are in the middle of nowhere, you are stuck. I usually fill up when I am down to a quarter of a tank. On a recent trip. of about 400 miles round trip at 70 mph I got between 20 - 21 mpg.:D In town with stop & go traffic I will get about 16 - 16.5 mpg. I am taking my truck on 3,000 mile trip this summer to Santa Fe, New Mexico & Durango Co. I will see what my mpg is on this trip.

·
Registered
665 Posts
2006 X-SP DC 4x4 V8

City-
250-325 miles per tank of Mid-Grade

·
Registered
240 Posts
I don't ever drive mine on the highway. It's all stop-n-go in the city. I averaged 15.45 mpg over the last 12 months. I don't baby it all the time either -- I get into it sometimes. The RPM's are anywhere from 2200 to 2500 on a typical take-off.

I get around 330 on the tank when the light comes on. I usually fill up with about 22gal at 340 miles or so. It's sitting on 310 miles right now, so I expect to see the light in the next day or so.

I would love to know what mine gets on the highway, because I think it's pretty good in town.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I usually get about 15 miles to the gallon. I have a cold air intake and drive a 06 tundra DC. These are mostly in town driving. I recently purchased a True flow universal filter to fit the K&N plastic tube to the carb.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've found on my truck that the gas light comes on for good (after brief initial flash) with roughly 3-4 gallons left in the tank, and at the the "E" mark there is still well over a gallon left usually.

I usually get near 400 miles before filling up, which comes out to @16 mpg when its mostly highway, but drops down to 330 or so with mostly in-town, which is closer to 13 mpg.

Wish it was better, but I fare better than those with the domestic competition, I can tell you...

·
Registered
379 Posts
i get between 310 and 340 with all-city driving

·
Registered
2 Posts
2003 TRD 4x4 V8 access cab

I get about 330 in the city and 360 on the highway. I used to get about 360 city, and almost 390 highway with the original tires.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
I just filled up at 380 miles today and pumped 24.00 gallons on the mark. I could have easily made it over 400.

I'm averaging 15.8 with mostly city/small highway driving. Keeping those RPM's low helps ALOT! :tu:

·
Registered
455 Posts
'06 DC 4x4 with a big 'ol ladder rack and two ladders - 24' and 28' that whistle and act like sails. 330 miles per tank - 90% city driving. I can usually get 22-23 gallons in the tank. It's usually around 14.3 mpg. I try to keep the rpm's around 2000 when possible. Now I'm using the air, this should get interesting.

I'm surprised you guys with 2wd aren't getting any better mpg.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I drive roughly 50 miles on the highway and another 30 or so in the city, per day. Assuming I take it "normal" I get roughly 18 mpg. If I drive it like it should be driven, I get consistently 15 mpg. One of these days I'm hoping to take it out on a nice long road trip and burn at least a full tank on nothing but highway. I'm betting I'll be able to pull low 20s.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts