Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out what features are pre-wired in the factory wiring harness for side mirrors. I have a 2010 Tunrda Grade with basic sport mirrors, no heat, no turn signal, no folding, no dimming, etc, etc. If I bought mirrors with signals and heat would those features work or would it require additional wiring. Anyone try this yet?

·
Registered
149 Posts
It would require additional wiring

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
do a search on it, its been discused alot. pull the sail panel (the triangle piece) off where the mirror bolts on, and just look at the plug if u have only 3 wires then u are going to need to wire stuff up. if u have 8 i think thats when u get heat and turn signals wired, and more than that u can get power fold if u get the switch..but chances are u just have 3 if u dont have defrost mirrors...thats the way its been since 07 so i assume 10 isnt different

·
Registered
420 Posts
My '10 grade had regular mirrors and heat. I added factory tow mirrows with running lights and signals and everything worked, heat, signals and running lights. I would be surprised if you needed to add any wireing.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
My '10 grade had regular mirrors and heat. I added factory tow mirrows with running lights and signals and everything worked, heat, signals and running lights. I would be surprised if you needed to add any wireing.

The heat means you got the more wire harness.

For the OP, you have to pull the panel and count your wires. The only way to know. You could just buy the parts and wire them up afterwards

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the help. I'll take a look at how many wires I've got and report back. I did try to search this topic for about an hour but good God, there are 100's of pages to sort through to find the specific answer. Sorry for being redundant.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Redundant is our middle name.

At least you tried searching. and it is one of the things there is no definitive answer on

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
and from whats been posted in the past, as stated above, if u dont have defrost on the mirrors u only have 3 wires so u will need to wire up whatever you are adding. i added tow mirrors and had to wire up my turn and running lights...i have a diy in the diy thread about it. i think the pics may have gone bye bye im too lazy to redo it all but u get the general idea.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a 3 wire config. I'll take a look at the DIY thread on the wiring. Thanks guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts