Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would like to start a program that allows owners to swap regular mirrors for tow mirrors? I could not find the truck I wanted with the Tow mirrors. I checked with the dealer and they quoted my $211 for one and $178 for the other. Why different prices beats me but it didn't suprise the parts guy. They have had a few sets on ebay this week but the prices jumped to within a few dollars of new. So it is clear their are other people out there who want what the other has. Lets get together, overnight our mirrors to each other and we are all happy.

·
Registered
877 Posts
first we need to know what a swap would entail, if it's a bolt and plugin affair, i'm in.

·
Registered
848 Posts
i would love to get rid of my tow mirrors for LIMITED power folding mirrors but from what i am told the wiring is different so if anyone is local and wants to try this i will be happy to try it

·
Registered
144 Posts
yep, i'd be into that idea mentined....I want tow mirrors damn it:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
you can have mine i think they are ugly on my particular truck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's funny because here in SoCal you can ONLY get tow mirrors with the CM Limited TRD. I'm going nuts because they can't get me a truck without tow mirrors. If it's a plug and bolt swap for swap I'll be happy to trade!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
It's funny because here in SoCal you can ONLY get tow mirrors with the CM Limited TRD. I'm going nuts because they can't get me a truck without tow mirrors. If it's a plug and bolt swap for swap I'll be happy to trade!!
I'm told that everything with a 5.7 comes with the tow mirrors so I am going to try to special order SR5 Crewmax 5.7 without them. I have not been told difinitively yet that they will not build it... If they don't, I'll be down for the swap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My friend in Oregon got the CM Limited w/ limited mirrors no problem. He could not get one with the Tow. Strange how certain regions get specific configurations. I've seen multiple limited trucks on this site with limited mirrors but mostly from the south and east coast. I don't get it...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in carlsbad CA and will trade my tow mirrors for regular limited mirrors...oh and it should be noted i already took out half my house with the passenger mirror, despite tearing a chunk out of my brick and mortar house, only a slight piece of the plastic lens cover broke...i just don't get it....

·
Registered
302 Posts
How difficult is it to change out the mirrows. I have the tow mirrors and like them enough but I think the regular mirrors would be wide enough for my 7.5 foot TT. It is OK when towing the TT with my nephew's 05 Tacoma and his has regular mirrors. Seems if a 7.5 foot TT is OK behind a Tacoma then even an 8 foot wide TT should be good behind the wider Tundra with regular mirrors. Any thoughts? Anyone towing an 8 foot wide TT with the 07 Tundra and regular mirrors?????
Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
How difficult is it to change out the mirrows. I have the tow mirrors and like them enough but I think the regular mirrors would be wide enough for my 7.5 foot TT. It is OK when towing the TT with my nephew's 05 Tacoma and his has regular mirrors. Seems if a 7.5 foot TT is OK behind a Tacoma then even an 8 foot wide TT should be good behind the wider Tundra with regular mirrors. Any thoughts? Anyone towing an 8 foot wide TT with the 07 Tundra and regular mirrors?????
Thanks
I have an 8' TT and regular mirrors and just took the trailer out at the weekend to prep for a trip. I can kinda see down the sides of the trailer and it's fine for manevering and backing up, but I can't see traffic behind me like I used to with my Chevy and Powervision mirrors.
I guess I'll just have to drive faster to make sure there's no one in my blind spots when I change lanes!:D

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'm sure you can put either mirror on either truck. The only problem would be that the power funftions of the mirrors might not work f you can't figure out a way to power them. So you have to determine if you want the "other" style mirrow bad enough to lose the power features.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
I'm told that everything with a 5.7 comes with the tow mirrors so I am going to try to special order SR5 Crewmax 5.7 without them. I have not been told difinitively yet that they will not build it... If they don't, I'll be down for the swap.
Originally all the 5.7 limiteds came with TM. I was told that people were complaining because a lot of them didn't want them or pay extra for them. The later ones being built don't necessarily have them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You must be dealing with El Cajon Toyota. They told me the same thing. A couple weeks after my purchase, I found out this was BS, so I went back to exchange my tow mirrors, but they insisted this was true. After two hours of haggling, the sales manager had to come out and show me on their computer every Tundra delivered to any dealer with the 5.7 in So Cal has tow mirrors. So it's definitely a regional thing. It's also a half-truth they don't want to admit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I could only find one truck on the lot with the tow mirrors but everyone I ran across on the inventory search had them. I'm in the SE / Gulf states region. Very strange.

·
Registered
780 Posts
FYI

Any thread or post that reads like a classified (i.e. trade or sales discussions) in a forum other than the Classifieds forum will be either moved to the Classifieds forum or removed without notice.

See TundraSolutions.com FAQ

·
Registered
22 Posts
Toyota Of tampa qouted me 220 for one and 250 for the other. parts guy was caught off guard by the price difference..I love tow mirrors but I guess a trade would have to be local...just in case

·
Registered
135 Posts
my 5.7 DC came with tow mirrors. apparently every 5.7 in northern california that is a double cab will have them. Oh well....I don't like the look but they function.

·
Registered
41 Posts
my 5.7 DC came with tow mirrors. apparently every 5.7 in northern california that is a double cab will have them. Oh well....I don't like the look but they function.
I live a couple hours away from you. (Yorktown)

I have a CM wih standard mirriors. I might be willing to trade. Are the tow mirrors heated?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.