Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to go pick up my trailer up North. This will be the first time I tow it with my 07 Tundra. My question is....Will I be able to see good enough to tow the camper without "Towing Mirrors" or mirror extensions?? I used to tow it with my 05 Chevy Silverado Z-71 without towing mirrors with no problems. Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
You should be fine without tow mirrors.

Here's the comparison specs:

2005 Chevy Silverado 1500
Overall length (inches): 224.5
Overall width (inches): 78.5
Overall height (inches): 71

2007 Toyota Tundra
Overall length: 228.7
Overall width: 79.9
Overall height: 76.4

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I have to go pick up my trailer up North. This will be the first time I tow it with my 07 Tundra. My question is....Will I be able to see good enough to tow the camper without "Towing Mirrors" or mirror extensions?? I used to tow it with my 05 Chevy Silverado Z-71 without towing mirrors with no problems. Thanks
I just took my 23' travel trailer out for the first time with my new '07 DC. On my '05 DC, I used strap-on extension mirrors while towing. I was concerned, because these mirrors wouldn't stay on my new DC. Luckily, I don't need them. The new tundra is sufficiently wider than the old one.

By the way. It tows great. You can sure tell you've got an extra 100 horses under the hood. And I get the same towing MPG as I did with the 4.7; 10.

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
I initially thought the tow mirrors would be required for most towing needs but as it turns out my Limited power mirrors are just fine. The power-retract feature has saved me several times, including once when I went through a drive-in touchless carwash. The spray mechanism moves back and forth over your entire vehicle and even with my non-tow mirrors the Tundra was too wide and the mechanism would have hit my mirrors on both sides. Luckily I spotted the problem and punched the retract button quickly before the mirrors were dinged up. Which brings up the question: what happens if your mirrors are hit while they are extended? Does it break the power retract feature or are they designed to be manually moved as well?

·
Registered
848 Posts
i would be happy to trade my towing mirrors with anybody that has the limited power mirrors ... if anyone is intrested let me know .. my truck is 1 week old

1 - 5 of 5 Posts