Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Tundra 4.7. Ran fine since i had the timing belt replaced a couple months ago and when i parked it. I had to go out of town so it hadn't been driven for 3 weeks. Came home and started it up. It had a rough idle and it thought it would even out. Took it for a drive and hardly made it home. Ran a scan on the codes. I got 7 misfire codes, P0300 and 6 of the cylinders (P0301, P0303 etc.) . I did not know where to even start. Will try some sta-bil tomorrow and clean the MAF sensor. Seems that all plugs or coils would not go at the same time, so wasn't going to start there. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well hopefully you have this sorted out by now. Any info on your findings would be helpful. I have a 2004 4.7L and recently had a misfire code on cylinder 4,6,8. it has 160k so I decided to try some new plugs but didn't help. Did a compression check on that side of engine and had 200psi on 3 cylinders and 180 on cylinder 6. Brought to a shop as I was in a hurry to fix before a long trip and for $300 they put 2 new coil packs in it..... a 5 min job so im a little unhappy bc obviously I already tried swapping those around.

Now on to fuel injectors im reading 15ohms on 7 of 8 injectors. Cylinder 2 which was not showing a misfire code has a resistance of just 5ohms. Only misfires at idle and has no powerloss when under load. My theory is at idle the injector pulse is to short to allow enough fuel in on the low resistance injector.... under load I have a longer pulse and fuel gets in there. Ordered new and should have in a few days. Let me know how you did and ill remember to update this!

Chris-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts