Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! My tundra misfires starting between 3400-4000 rpm, both in park and while driving. I have replaced the fuel pump and filter, replaced the coils, and cleaned the injectors. Replaced the MAP sensor the and O2 sensors. I'm open to new ideas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New plugs, new tps, misfire codes on various cylinders (no repetition) when I let it rev up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Maybe a long shot, but I wonder if it could be rev limiting from exhaust congestion. I'm thinking clogged cat, especially if it's burned coolant. (shrug)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Its a long list of things for misfires.. random misfires point more to systemic problems like MAF, 02 sensors, engine temp, and fuel problems while codes on one bank or the same every time are easier to pinpoint. one bank are easier.
Any other codes other than P03xx misfire codes? What does your coolant temperature look like? Does it do it regardless of cold or full operating temp? Antyhing to pinpoint when it started happening like getting gas from a cheap gas station? Dump a can of HEET or seafoam in the tank and run some through, dump the tank and fill up with high quality ethanol free fuel. Check over all of your vacuum lines and replace your PCV valve. If this is a 4.7L with VVT-i (05 and newer) check your timing it could have jumped. Other VVT-i problem could be stuck oil control valves for the cam timing actuators, what does your oil look like sometimes running marvel in the oil can free them up. And the list goes on....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts