Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am taking delevery of my new 2007 Tundra. I was wanting silver....but they found me a black with all my options i wanted. Living in Minnesota and all the salt they throw on the road I was thinking of signing up for the Mister Car was unlimited car wash for 20.00 per month. I am not sure if anyone on here is familiar with Mister Car wash or not but it is a drive through car wash. It does not use brushes it uses the big hanging strips of cloth to wash your car.

Anyone has any pros cons to allowing the tundra to be washed this way a few times a week.

I of course would do typical detailing and waxing every month or so.

Opinions??

Thanks,

Tony

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Ok, i'll break it down simply for you. NO NO NO NO NO NO and NO. Even those hanging strips have washed thousands of dirty cars while only being rinsed themselves probably 10x. Being black, this would be suicide for your truck's paint. For $20.00 a month, I can recomend you something much much much better.

Of course during the summer, you would not need to to this, just wash your conventional way (or the way I wash in my detailing writeup). You will need something like Optimum No Rinse Wash or Protectall Quick-N-Easy wash (found at RV or Boating stores). You pour a couple of capfulls of the stuff into 3-4 gal of water. Dip your wash mitt into the soulution, and wash a panel of your truck (from top down) onced washed with the mitt, then simply chamois dry. Easy huh, you can use hot water to keep your hands warm, and you can do this in your driveway. It will also be much easier if your truck is waxed properly.

What I am trying to say is, you are better off just leaving your truck dirty for a few weeks than going through an automatic wash.:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the quick response. I was thinking I was going to get a tounge lashing for that but I am wanting to hear everyones response.

I guess i need to not be so lazy also. I hand washed my SC300 almost daily. That was easy compared to the new Tundra.....holy cow that is a lot of truck to wash.

One other question I am thinking of getting the 3M Paint Protection Film applied to the front area and mirrors of my truck any comments on that??

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
I think the "clear bra" as it's called is a good idea. I would do it on my next truck. Hell, if it starts to look bad after a couple of years, just take it off and presto, a new front end.

Just follow my detailwriteup and do what I said about the waterless wash, and it wont be as hard as you might think. I am a lazy person on occasion, and even I love washing my truck using these methods. They are also used in my detail buisness to save as much time as possible.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Oh my God! I think I blacked out for a second there. I dont remember anything past "hanging strips of cloth".

Brandon is right, if you value your paint, especially black, dont sign up for that car wash. Do it yourself.

Also, I have the 3M clear bra on the front of my new Tundra and I cant say enough good things about it. PM me if youd like some pics, I took a ton of them while he was here putting it on.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts