Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Ok, i'll break it down simply for you. NO NO NO NO NO NO and NO. Even those hanging strips have washed thousands of dirty cars while only being rinsed themselves probably 10x. Being black, this would be suicide for your truck's paint. For $20.00 a month, I can recomend you something much much much better.

Of course during the summer, you would not need to to this, just wash your conventional way (or the way I wash in my detailing writeup). You will need something like Optimum No Rinse Wash or Protectall Quick-N-Easy wash (found at RV or Boating stores). You pour a couple of capfulls of the stuff into 3-4 gal of water. Dip your wash mitt into the soulution, and wash a panel of your truck (from top down) onced washed with the mitt, then simply chamois dry. Easy huh, you can use hot water to keep your hands warm, and you can do this in your driveway. It will also be much easier if your truck is waxed properly.

What I am trying to say is, you are better off just leaving your truck dirty for a few weeks than going through an automatic wash.:)

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
I think the "clear bra" as it's called is a good idea. I would do it on my next truck. Hell, if it starts to look bad after a couple of years, just take it off and presto, a new front end.

Just follow my detailwriteup and do what I said about the waterless wash, and it wont be as hard as you might think. I am a lazy person on occasion, and even I love washing my truck using these methods. They are also used in my detail buisness to save as much time as possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.