Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm new to the forum; as a matter of fact I haven't taken delivery on my 2011 Limmited Platinum. I've been a fan of the Tundra for some time and I finally pulled the trigger and ordered one. I'm looking for some general feedback on the following mods, please provide an occasional pic if you can.

- Intake: K&N vs. TRD
- Lift or Leveling Kit?: Who makes some of the better ones for this vehicle?
- Exhaust System: Got sound bites and feedback on ease or difficulty of instalation?
- Toneau Cover: ARE vs. Leer
- Spray in Liner: Rino vs. Line X
- Aftermarket Wheels: What vendors carry hub centric wheels for this truck? I don't really want to mess around with spacers and want something that meets or exceeds OEM durability. Also for those of you have gone aftermarket on the wheels; any TPMS problems?

I'm also looking for a Feeler on a fair price for my wheels. I'm considering selling or maybe swapping them for something else. I'm not completley sold on the wheels that come on the Platinum. If I can find a fair price beofre I can take delivery on the vehicle I can ship said potential buyer a brand new set hopefully an honest less than 12 miles on them.

I look forward to hearing your reply's. Drive Safe!

·
Registered
130 Posts
My wife and I have an 08 Crewmax 5.7 4x4 SR5 (non TRD)

We have the ARE bed cover on ours.. I love it. Couldn't tell you about the LEER. We also have line-x which I would never go without. On top of the line-x, there's a rubber Toyota bed mat which fits flawlessly.. All creates a great combination!!

We also have the Ready Lift Leveling Kit (2.5" front & 1" rear). It looks to me that the rear end sits up SLIGHTLY higher.. Less than an inch, which I like. I didn't want it completely level.. So this worked out great. Can't wait to replace the factory BFGoodrich tires! 30,100 miles and still 6/32nds. Definitely getting 33's

The TRD intake will be much better in my opinion as it has an actual air filter housing/box. I don't like a Roaring intake on a daily driver/kid transporter mobile ;). Also, a couple of my good friends have the K&N Intake on their 5.7 Tundra.. Both got check engine lights for their Mass Air Flow Sensor. We cleaned the sensors with electrical contact cleaner and they have been fine since.. But, it's just a matter of time before it comes back on. Maybe they used Too much oil when installing the K&N filter??

We don't have an exhaust system on the truck, but when we do.. It'll be long tube headers with the factory exhaust.

Here's a picture of our crewmax with leveling kit and ARE bed cover. They're cell phone pictures, but that's all I have for now!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Line-X for sure, you shouldn't have problems with the TPMS sensors as they should swap over to any wheel just fine.
hubcentric wheels - I don't know if mind are hubcentric or not but I have had 0 problems with them. no spacers or anything

lift or leveling kit - first decide whether you want a lift or leveling kit. there are many good ones out there depending on what your looking for

1 - 4 of 4 Posts