Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flowmaster 70 series (didnt want it too loud) dual in and out. 2.5" pipes and rolle chrome tips angled out the rear at the corner of the bumper. I cant wait.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I am getting mine done next week also.

I'm going with the 22" magnaflow & going single 3" all the way out. ( just so you know, he tells me the stock size is 2-3/4".)

He claims i will not lose any low end from this & should see about a 28 hp & torque gain. All for only $300.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I am getting mine done next week also.

I'm going with the 22" magnaflow & going single 3" all the way out. ( just so you know, he tells me the stock size is 2-3/4".)

He claims i will not lose any low end from this & should see about a 28 hp & torque gain. All for only $300.
I doubt that claim....that number is way too high. Maybe 10 Horses or so but 28??? Dyno it

·
Registered
417 Posts
cant wait for someone to post up some clips i wanna hear what the beast sounds like with a good exhaust im waiting for magnaflow to come out with theres so i can talk my mom into getting one :D

·
Registered
919 Posts
No,I don't have an 07, but I bet if you open that exhaust up to 3" you will lose torque. I thought I read somewhere that the exhaust that is on there is tuned specificly for that motor?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
like state above, you will actually see a loss when opening the exhaust of these motors to 3in in at least the older tundras. In addition, stock was 2 3/8 but dyno it and tells us your results so we can all learn :tu:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Greetings from NorCal!! Just wondering if you
5.7L Tundra guys expect to have exhaust
cab resonance (cab drone as it's refered to)
issues? I would love to go with a strait through
design MagnaFlow but cab drone about drove
me crazy. I know the 5.6L Titan, 6.0L Chevy
and my 5.7L Dodge V8 engines all have this
issue.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't expect much if any drone from the 70 series.
Probably not with the 70 series. But don't expect
much gains either. You will get a nice sound but
not much on the butt-dyno.:ts:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was going for looks and a smaller sound. Gains were not my goal. 381 makes me plenty happy
Right now that 381 makes you happy. But trust me.
Not for long!! The mod bug will hit you before you
know it.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Crappy cam phone shots until later hopefully. Just got it. Sounds great. Not too much.. definatly know its there.. nothing really bout the butt dyno as I didnt get on it much... but the throttle seems more responsive and i reset the milage.. averaged 1.4 mpg better on the way back to work. *shrugs*

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I don't see how one could lose low end with a cat back system, it seems the cat(s) would by far be the most restrictive portion of the exhaust, even with modern high flow converters.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts