Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Got The Extended Warrenty And The Body Paint Coating Being That My Truck Is Nice And Black. Anyways, How Exactly Does Getting Your Money Back For The Extended Warrenty Work? I Was Never Told That By The Sales Dude!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I traded in my TACO for my tundra I received 900 of the 1400 dollars back from Toyota (unused portion of the warranty). I can personally attest to the fact that they do give it back - however, you have to initiate the conversation.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had the extended warranty on my 05 Tacoma. I was given an 800 number that I called and got their address. I then had to write them a letter stating what my odomoter was and why I was canceling it. They figure in how may miles you put on and compare that to how many miles are left on the warranty and give you a percentage of the money back. It was fairly easy and quick....I may be able to find the address for you but the dealership should have it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Can I put the money back towards trade-in on a new Tundra?? :D

Or do I have to wait for it to come back and just use that for a month payment?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Realm, Not sure how the toyota extended warranty works but on my gmc a few years back I was able to use the refund of the extended warranty towards the new truck the dealer just verified the amount being refunded and the check was sent to them and I then had to go back and sign it over to them when they recieved it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
When I traded in my TACO for my tundra I received 900 of the 1400 dollars back from Toyota (unused portion of the warranty). I can personally attest to the fact that they do give it back - however, you have to initiate the conversation.

When does the used portion start? I would assume after the 60K mile standard warranty?

If so, then I could trade in and get all my $1500 back and put towards a new Tundra. =)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Realm, Not sure how the toyota extended warranty works but on my gmc a few years back I was able to use the refund of the extended warranty towards the new truck the dealer just verified the amount being refunded and the check was sent to them and I then had to go back and sign it over to them when they recieved it.
Sweet... that's what I needed to know. If GM can do it, "hopefuly" Toyota can do the same.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If memory serves me correctly the extended warranty is pro-rated the day you purchased it, so you probally won't get the full refund back then again you might be able to transfer it to the new vehicle if desired just a thought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts