Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Montana Tundra (w/ pics)

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Sequoia2003 
#1 ·
Here's my new baby. Got it about a month ago after waiting a year on the new Tundra. First truck, second Toyota. I had a 2WD 4Runner that was like having racing slicks on in the snow. We took the Tundra camping in the mountains last weekend and stopped for a second in some mud in 2WD and the back wheels started spinning. My wife flips it in 4WD and it doesn't even blink. She goes, "This is no 2WD 4Runner baby!"

I love the truck. Sometimes I wish I would have got the 5.7 instead of the 4.7, although this is perfectly fine for my needs. I got to drive the 5.7 when I took this back in to get the Resist-All coating on and upon pulling out of the dealership I gassed it and threw me and my friend back in our seats. This is more than enough for me at this time. Next time...

Favorite features: de-icing windshield wipers, assisted tailgate, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, large center console, the 2 yellow lights that come on for the cup holders when the lights are on, the door handles, dual climate control, 2 large glove boxes, auxiliary connection for my iPod, the large brakes, etc. Too much to name. I think Toyota really paid attention to the little details on this one. I guess I'm in the minority, but I like the styling of the interior. And I love the room. I'm 6'5" and I fit in the front just fine. Plenty of room.

The only thing I really wish it had standard is the sliding rear window. And maybe fog lights.

The only 3 things I'm planning on adding for it are a bed mat, tinted windows, and eventually some running boards. I've only seen one Tundra with running boards and it really makes it look sharp.

I love my new truck. Years from now when I have to trade this in there won't be any doubt as to what I'll be buying next. After seeing a jacked up fairly modern Ford truck sitting in the middle lane of the road with it's emergency lights on get pushed across a busy street by 4 guys because it had died, I knew I made the right decision. Not that there was any question, but watching that sure made the sticker shock a little easier to justify.

See less See more
#4 ·
I hope these pics attach. I have had my truck for week today. Went to Kansas turkey hunting 2 days in the snow, 1 day in Oklahoma in the snow, went to get this 4500 lb trailer for this year's deer cabin and got the running boards and the LineX spayed in. You think maybe I have been waiting on the Tundra to show up. First couple of tanks of gas 16.5 mpg all hwy miles.

Old Man Gold (Desert Sand)
DC 4X4 5.7 SR5 Bench w/leather
awaiting another TS members TRD takeoffs for tires and wheels

Attachments

#6 ·
I like the first pics too....like the mountains but you should take your shirt out at the back window it's kinda distraction for a nice picture of your truck :D

#8 ·
Well........I wish you would have chose black because we all know black is faster (LOL). No, seriously that is one beautiful truck. The slate metallic is awesome and I am so jealous of you living in Montana. Ever since I saw "A River Runs Through It", I have wanted to come there for fly-fishing and hunting. Your pics could be post-cards easily...congrats!!!

#11 ·
I like the first pics too....like the mountains but you should take your shirt out at the back window it's kinda distraction for a nice picture of your truck :D
Yeah we were camping and I didn't have any where else to put it. I also hadn't found these forums until recently...didn't know I'd be showing it off like this. It is kind of goofy...I thought the same thing.

#12 ·
Well........I wish you would have chose black because we all know black is faster (LOL). No, seriously that is one beautiful truck. The slate metallic is awesome and I am so jealous of you living in Montana. Ever since I saw "A River Runs Through It", I have wanted to come there for fly-fishing and hunting. Your pics could be post-cards easily...congrats!!!
Montana is easily the most laid-back, beautiful place I've ever lived. I love it here.

I love the slate, but they didn't have black at my dealership. If I could have factory ordered it, I probably would have went with either the black or silver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.