Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased a 2004 Ltd w/ Nav. It's loaded with everything but heated seats and DVD. On test drive I checked everything electrical and mechanical.

Once I got home and read the manual (cover to cover - pathetic I know) I noticed that the moonroof is listed as one touch for opening and closing. This feature does not work and therefore I don't ever know when the moonroof is seated at the closed position as it does not stop while holding down the button...it justs goes straight from open to tilt up and vice versa.

I've looked through the posts and have seen nothing related to this...actually only posts with people saying that the moonroof is rock solid.

Thanks for the help on my first post!

Ben

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mine did the same thing. I found out that it needed to be initialized. For the life of me I can not remember how I did it sorry. It was easy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re-Read the owners Manual. In it they have the proceedure to 'normalize' the moonroof after a battery disconnect. IIRC it's open the moonroof all the way, then hold the closed side until it completely closes then a few extra seconds.

Been quite a while since I've done it, but " It's in there !!"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I found it in the manual, disconnected the battery then reconnected and followed the procedure. Just a reminder you have to hold the moon roof button in the tilt position until it tilts open, closes, opens fully and then closes.

Works like a charm!

Ben

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re-Read the owners Manual. In it they have the proceedure to 'normalize' the moonroof after a battery disconnect. IIRC it's open the moonroof all the way, then hold the closed side until it completely closes then a few extra seconds.

Been quite a while since I've done it, but " It's in there !!"

Worked great for my 2006 Avalon!

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Having to initilaize the SR, pwr wind., or Pwr Locks on some Toyotas is a result of disconnecting the battery/power at some point. Dealers or shops may do this inadvertantly, to work on alternators, change a battery or work on other electrical components.
As a result, yu end up with the problems as stated here. Understandably, I could see a regular service shop not knowing about this, but, there is no excuse for a Toy Dealer to give your car back like this. And I have seen one Stealership charge a BS service fee to "initialize" the Power locks and Sun Roof after they did service that caused this condition..

There once was a TSB on TS instructing Techs/ regarding what models/accessories and years require Initalizing after a battery/power disconnect.

TS doesn't maintain this or any other TSB's in their knowledgebase any longer.:td:

LT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts