Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
7,925 Posts
I will stick with my rotella T6 5w-40 until it personally comes out and kicks me in the penis.
Are you running that in an old mazda rx7?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Why would you run a 40 weight in a 2UZFE?
About the coldest it gets here this time of the year is 85 degrees. in the day time its up around 110 every day. There is no reason not to. I have ran it in damn near every vehicle i've owned for the last 5 years. Oil analysis from Black Stone labs has always come back good every time.

Are you running that in an old mazda rx7?
I'm not sure i understand this one but i've ran this in about 5 or 6 different cars now and some motorcycles and its been great in all of them.

Plus its inexpensive and i will not put Mobil 1 oils in them. I used mobil 1 5w-30 once and after the oil analysis from BSL i will not use it again. after 3000 miles it was much more broken down than the rotella.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
i will not put Mobil 1 oils in them. I used mobil 1 5w-30 once and after the oil analysis from BSL i will not use it again. after 3000 miles it was much more broken down than the rotella.[/QUOTE said:
i have had great BL reports using castrol syntech. seems the local VatoZone doesn't carry it anymore so i bought M1...... i hope you're wrong cuz i go 6-8k between changes. anyone? Buehler, Buehler????

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,534 Posts
i have had great BL reports using castrol syntech. seems the local VatoZone doesn't carry it anymore so i bought M1...... i hope you're wrong cuz i go 6-8k between changes. anyone? Buehler, Buehler????
Mobil 1 Synthetic oils are excellent motor oils. The problem with the Rotella formulation is in the zinc and phosphorus levels. The zinc as a metal-to-metal barrier isn't required in the 2UZFE design, and the phosphorus plays hell with the catalytic converters.

To each his own i guess...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts