Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I purchased a 2000 Tundra last year from my father, who had bought it new. It is a V8 4X4 with 50k miles on it. I LOVE THIS TRUCK!

I am now at the point where I want to start tweaking the engine so it has more power. Everything is stock right now. My question is, what in your opinions would I get the most "bang for the buck" performance wise? Unichip? Exhaust? Headers?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Headers, Unichip, muffler, and underdrive pulley are going to be your best bets. Supercharger is the best but expensive, and intakes (most of them) decrease performance in the low end and in gas mileage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks apimpdad. I wanted to price superchargers, but as I've looked I can't find one except TRD which apparently has been taken off the market cuz of problems with it. Do you know of any other superchargers for a 2000 Tundra? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Thanks apimpdad. I wanted to price superchargers, but as I've looked I can't find one except TRD which apparently has been taken off the market cuz of problems with it. Do you know of any other superchargers for a 2000 Tundra? Thanks.
There are some out there I think, but I can't recall the names or prices. You will just have to search for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts