Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a set of 18'' Moto Metal 951 rims on my 09' Tundra. I saw the same rims on a Chevy but they were the deep dish style but they were the same exact rim I got. Does anyone know if those type would fit my truck and if so who would sell them.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Its called having a different offset. The smaller the offset the deeper the "dish". 9" wide wheels for the Tundra generally have a +30ish offset. Thats why they only appear so deep. Not sure what the chevys run but could be closer to 0 or even negative.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I was in the same place as you when I had the 951's. In fact, the Tundra Gen1 951's have a deeper dish. As mhollack said, the lower offset number the deeper the dish (all else equal) which will push your wheel out further from the truck. If you don't mind that look, then you can do what I did and swap the Moto's for the Eagle Alloys 079 (identical style as the 951). If you get the Eagles, make sure you check out the chrome finish and verify they are not bent before you mount them...let's just say I have experience.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was in the same place as you when I had the 951's. In fact, the Tundra Gen1 951's have a deeper dish. As mhollack said, the lower offset number the deeper the dish (all else equal) which will push your wheel out further from the truck. If you don't mind that look, then you can do what I did and swap the Moto's for the Eagle Alloys 079 (identical style as the 951). If you get the Eagles, make sure you check out the chrome finish and verify they are not bent before you mount them...let's just say I have experience.
Do you have any pictures of your truck with the Eagle alloys on it?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm having trouble logging on...it took me a half hour to get this through. When I get back to the office later this week, I'll upload the pictures.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Okay, got it to work (used the "remember me" check box so it stopped kicking me out). I uploaded the images in my pictures.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes, PCII

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think I'm cursed...I've always had problems with my custom rims getting balanced, at least on my Toyotas. After several years and $, I found a place that nails it every time, very satisfied with them. I think they use "road force" balancing. Balanced them once since I've had them, no problems at all now. Interesting they were the ones that discovered that two of the rims were bent, not the place that I got them from.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts