Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Two Tundras, through 4 winters here. I've had the Extang full tilt, worked great, still working great for the guy I sold it to when I sold the 2006 Tundra. Things stayed dry, and it also made a bit of "flapping" noise at speed when the back window was down.

Next was an Extang trifecta. One winter on it, much snow on top of it and it held up great. Nice and dry to. It's a soft type, so a bit of road noise at speed when the back window is open. Still have it and it's on craigslist out here now.

The only reason I have an Undercover now, is I found a smoking deal on it on craigslist. That's what I've been using this last winter and it's held up well and keeps my stuff in the bed dry. Nice and quiet, no noise at speed. That's pretty much why I have left it on.

I would make sure you have some type of internal support on the middle of the cover if you go with a soft type cover. I've seen a few "caved in" during the heavy wet snow times.

JR

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
I live just a bit south of the border in New Mexico and have an Undercover on my 2010 DC. I left the snow and ice on it all winter with no problems. I agree you will need some sort of support as the snow loads can get to be rather large and collapse a soft cover without some sort of support.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts