Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi is it possible to get a computer upgrade so that my dash thingy (shows temperature and time) in addition shows the MPG actual and accrued?

The truck I test drove had it, but mine does not.. just wondering if this upgrade will be a computer upgrade, or a hardware upgrade? Any information appreciated.

·
Registered
98 Posts
push the top button on the row of square black buttons on the dash above the 4x4 switch. It should switch between temp, mpg, range, etc. I think it says "Info"

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, it just goes between celsisus and farenheit. My truck isn't the limited and it didn't come with the MPG display.. wondering how I can get it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Does your truck have buckets w/center console or just the bench seat?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't have it on my truck either. I opted for a stripped down SR5 with the alloy wheels. I don't have the MPG display on my truck, but I am more than capable of using a calculator to figure the mileage.

I also do not have the driving lights in mine. I may buy some aftermarket lights in the future, but the headlights on mine are plenty bright enough. I have seen several Hemi's run when they saw the light. The only problem was, they just couldn't run fast enough to outrun the 5.7 Tundra.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Many of the TS forum members are using an aftermarket OBDII reader that will give you real-time info from the car's computer including MPG, RPM, MPH, Voltages and Engine Codes. This one at http://www.scangauge.com/ can be mounted in the truck and left attached all of the time if desired or it can be moved between vehicles.

Do a search on scanguage or ODBII for more info from users of this forum.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts