Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ran gas gage down to empty and my range to 5 before filling up. My Ave MPG said 15.8. I put in 21.005 gallons and now my range says 336. So 21.005 X 15.8 = 331.899 and 331.899 + 5 = 336.899 So that's real close. I think I have a 26 gallon tank so that means when the range says 0 and the gas gage says empty I still have 5 gallons or about 75 miles range.
I did this because I have been driving back and forth to work about 4 miles round trip. So I figured I would not have to walk to far if I ran out. I usually don't like to get below 1/4 tank.

·
Registered
16 Posts
25.4 gal tank to be exact. I have ran mine completely out of gas once trying to find the range. I typically put in 21~ gals when the gauge shows 0 and past empty.

·
E PLURIBUS UNUM
2,247 Posts
Its an established fact that the gas light comes on at 5 gallons remaining...... my trip computer is way off. I have found that the distance to empty to read about 0 when I still have approx 3 gallons left....

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have to agree and it is a little annoying as I have had to adjust my comfort level. I never liked to even get to 1/4 tank and start looking for a good time to fill up when I hit 1/2 tank. On the Tundra that is at roughly 125 miles. WAY too soon.

Now I drive to 1/4 tank, since I know I really have 1/2 tank left.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
I consistently run mine until it's 0 miles to empty, and it's not uncommon to still tack on an additional 10 miles or more, and have yet to put in more than 22.5 gallons on fill up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts