Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Good review 9/10!

But what's with all the morons posting in the user review area? It's obvious that there's a bit of a hate campaign going on against the Tundra. What a shame. I hope people are aware of this when they read through the reviews.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
How sad is it that people have such a sad life that they have time to set up and write fake reviews about a truck? I just don't understand, why do they care so much if OTHER PEOPLE buy the Tundra?

Samuel Tillings TX- forgot to change the Name from Nissan to Toyota when he copied his response about "Owning" the Titan to his response about "Owning" the Tundra. :confused:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Good review 9/10!

But what's with all the morons posting in the user review area? It's obvious that there's obviously a bit of a hate campaign going on against the Tundra. What a shame. I hope people are aware of this when they read through the reviews.
I looked at the Chevys, Fords and Dodges before making my purchase. Now when I see those trucks on the road, and I have a few miles on the Tundra, I am positive that I made the right decision and got the BEST truck for my money. My neighbor, who owns a GMC the same color and setup as our Tundra, came over after we took delivery and just said, "Next time I am getting a Tundra." He and his wife both said the Tundra is a great looking truck. I agree.

Some of the people that don't like the truck seem to be a little on the not so smart side of the equation. If you need a heavy duty 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck to do what you are doing, don't purchase a 1/2 ton Tundra and expect the same level of performance for what you are doing. THIS IS A 1/2 TON pickup, not a 3/4 or 1 ton. It is flattering to have our Tundras compared to the heavy duty bigger trucks but people that do that are fooling themselves. To me the Tundra is the BEST 1/2 ton truck out there. Its not the Tundra's fault that the owner isn't smart enough to realize what his needs are.

·
Registered
104 Posts
damn, I knew I shouldn't bought one.....

I love the one from obviously a Ford guy. Wants to sell his new tundra, man I wish we could email the reviewers, I would tell him I would buy it.

Maybe MSN should have a link to email to the reviewer without seeing their address, then it might prevent that bashing crap.

No biggy, bring it to the streets domestic boys.... I am there!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I just can't believe people go out of their way to register (usually under a name like "jflfkm7skf") and proceed to write a fictitious review just because they drive a Ford, GM, or Dodge product. They must have been on a recess break from kindergarten.

I may not care for the "Big 3", but I'm certainly not going to waste my time or others posting garbage about them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow. I was so mesmerized by those idiotic negative reviews that I forgot that my chinese food was in the toaster oven! No kidding. You'd think all of the references to chinese parts in the Tundra would've brought me around.:clown:

Lots of hate out there. I didn't know they had computers in the Ozarks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am just dumbfounded by the number of people who responded with things like "I am ticked! This truck can't handle the same loads that I was pulling with my 3/4 ton Ford Powerstroke..." Ummmm no... McFly! Hello!

Just gets under my skin how people go to such extremes. You can definitely tell that Toyota has done it right this time. They have the big three and their fans shaking in their boots already. Heck I came from a 2002 F350 Powerstroke Dually, you won't see me trying to pull a 40ft, 13K, trailer with a 1/2 TON truck then complaining that this truck just doesn't have the power.

As of right now, if you need to tow serious stuff Toyota just doesn't have a truck for you. BUT! I have a strange feeling that once they get comfortable with the 1/2 ton, and a diesel. All bets will be off!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Having owned a pickup truck most of my adult life (but always little imported ones, 'cause that's all I needed), I figured I knew what to expect when looking around for truck information for a full-sized truck ('cause that's what I need now).

Little did know the unbelievable amount of brand (or even specific model!) chest-thumping and shouting I would encounter. It borders on the insane, and clogs up most of the useful bandwidth for discussion. I'm no longer surprised what any of these folks would do to justify their own existence via their favorite truck... Really.

It's much more than a little good-natured ribbing...

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
This review is funny.. he claims to have one.. yet talks like he doesnt.. would you not say.. these trucks , if you were referring to one you own? not those trucks.LOL

"HYPE, but no guts where it really counts..."2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab 6AT 4X405/05/2007By: Chucks from MnOwned: Less than 1 yearReview ID: #510361
Overall Rating
Styling
Performance
Interior
Quality
Recommendation
Pros:It's looks big. They finally got brakes that are the same size as the F150. The 5.7L engine is a brute, no question about that. The cargo management tracks and ties are nice.
Cons:C channel frame from the engine compartment back, small leaf springs, tiny radiator looks like it came out of a Camry, spindly axles, small shocks, 5 lug-bolt wheels. Have you seen the grille on this thing? (I wouldn't want to spend my weekend cleaning that with a toothbrush!) In 3-4 years every single on of those trucks will be missing that cheap black plastic piece off that flat surface on the front top of the hood. 4.30 gear ratio...You have to be kidding, what, can you say 10 mpg??!! I also give that tailgate assist a couple years to fail then, BOOM!,everytime you open the tailgate. it will slam down because the cylinder has lost it's pressure.
Overall Review:Be sure you drive this truck over uneven road surfaces, it bounces all over for a while after you get off...very unsettling. The stereo and vent controls feel like they are over in the passenger area, very poor ergonomics. Interior looks bland like out of a low-level sedan. Nice truck, no question. But they are still a generation away from bringing a "real" competitor to market, and GM/Ford will not let their leadership slip away. The new 2009 F150 will be out and trounce everyone all over again. I guess the consumers will win in this one, because everyone is bringing their game with this truck competition. I went to a ride and drive this weekend and the Toyota demonstrators are all talking smack about the Ford and GMC, but they are telling half-truths(lies) and omitting the truth about this truck's weaknesses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts