Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had new pocketed fender flares installed on my 2016 tundra. He had to take off the stock mud flaps. Said they wouldn't fit with the new fender flares.

Is there a replacement brand that sales mud flaps that will fit? I called 4 wheel parts and they said they don't sale any.

Preferable a thinner mud flap that works well with bigger tires since I Bought a pair of toyo A/T II 295/60r20 to install next week.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
You're welcome. That was one of the reasons that I went with the OEM flares, I wanted to keep the factory mud flaps/splash guards. And they do help to keep some of the dirt off of the side of the truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Toyota part numbers 76625-0c010 for r rear 76626-0c010for the left rear 76622-0c040 for left front 76621-0c040 for right front Amazon or Toyota warehouse

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wanted to use/keep my factory mudflaps on my 2016 when I installed flares. It was hard to tell online whether this was possible - I think most flares do not allow keeping OEM mudflaps without modification. I ended up buying some $80 flares on ebay and cutting a slot about 1/2-3/4" wide at the bottom back of the flares and the mudflaps fit fine and look good. You can't see the cut unless you're laying on the ground looking up. The back slot is the biggest and had to be cut outwards almost 5 inches to allow the mud flap - maybe some flares don't extend out that far and would have to be cut off - not sure.
IMG_20200809_061441.jpg IMG_20200809_061516.jpg IMG_20200809_061504.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wanted to use/keep my factory mudflaps on my 2016 when I installed flares. It was hard to tell online whether this was possible - I think most flares do not allow keeping OEM mudflaps without modification. I ended up buying some $80 flares on ebay and cutting a slot about 1/2-3/4" wide at the bottom back of the flares and the mudflaps fit fine and look good. You can't see the cut unless you're laying on the ground looking up. The back slot is the biggest and had to be cut outwards almost 5 inches to allow the mud flap - maybe some flares don't extend out that far and would have to be cut off - not sure.
View attachment 152872 View attachment 152873 View attachment 152874
I bought the same flares you have from ebay and I want to do the same thing you did. In the pictures it looks so perfect that I can't see the cuts. I rather cut the flares than the stock mud flaps, but I have no idea how to make the cuts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts