Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Muffler and tailpipe

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  hotbox05 
#1 ·
A friend of mine has a 1985 Toyota 4x4 truck with 38000 original miles on it.It is the nicest original truck I have ever seen in my 38 years. He needs a muffler and tailpipe.Normally he would call the dealer and order it however Toyota has said that it can't be found.Out of production.Now here is the problem this friend of mine of 20 years is a complete Toyota lunatic like the rest of us and it will be a cold day in hell when he goes down to Bobs muffler and brake and has them "whistle up" an exhaust system.So,I guess what Warren needs is a little help finding a complete muffler and tailpipe for aformentioned truck.Thanks and the search continues.

#2 ·
you can go to carquest and have them order you the pipe that goes from the muffler back and then just buy a muffler from a pickup around the year of the 85 from a junkyard....Or you could go with a performance muffler and get a little more sound out of it. I think i might have the stock muffler from the 1991 4x4 around here somewhere if i can find it pay for shipping and its yours...

#3 ·
a custom exhaust that is carefully put together will look better , last longer and sound slightly better than stock as well as add a tiny bit more horsepower.

for my 84 I have 2.25 piping and a raptor turbo muffler. it's as quiet as stock retains torque and I got to do a hidden turndown tip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.