Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, now that I own a Tundra really want to get that nice sound. I looked under the truck and realized it runs a dual in to center out. The only muffler I could find with dual 2 1/4 in and 2 1/2 out is the Spintech.

Curious how the magnaflow guys did it? didn't see a dual in center out magnaflow set up...

I'm very new to this and apologize if this has been asked.

FYI, really just wanting to do an affordable muffler swap merely for sound purposes, preferably no drone as I'll be doing some hwy stuff with family.

thanks,
bkdelux

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
A detail you left out is that you have the 4.7L don't you??

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's correct, my apologies! I have the 4.7, what's the in/out set up on the 5.7? a lot different?

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I have no idea just trying to make sure all the info was there. There aren't a whole lot of guys that have the 4.7, but if you're just swapping mufflers then you should be able to find more options. I don't know about that kind of stuff, but you are in the right place. There are tons of auto savvy guys on this site.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Go to a muffler shop and ask them.
Asking guys like us is like asking what's our favorite ice cream flavor.
You will get 459 answers and still be confused.
that and the obligatory," go use the search function", which I am suprised I haven't see yet.
Not busting balls, but being realistic- a good shop will be able to be truthful with you and not try to sell you something to make $$.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The Spintech Sportsman XL sounds amazing on the 4.7. No drone either. The 5.7 is much louder with the same muffer and has some drone on the bottom and then at cruise due to the super high overdrive.

·
Registered
166 Posts
4.7 guy here too and here's what I have:
Thrush Welded mufflers are an exact copy of the original Flowmaster 40 series and they are available in polished stainless steel if you want. Plus they come in the small diameter inlet/outlet size our factory exhaust is. I bought two (non-stainless) for about $60 + tax. Took them to the exhaust shop and had them cut the stock muffler (which has two inlet/one outlet) off along with the tailpipe. Weld them in side by side vertically and run your tailpipes out the back. I have less than $250 in the whole thing (i could have 4 of my exhaust for what one TRD cat-back cost). I ran mine out the sides behind the rear tires with no tips cause it looks factory and didn't want to blow any soot, condensation, etc onto my car/boat with towing them.

Sound wise, it sounds great. Not annoyingly loud but just loud enough that you and bystanders can notice it if you blip the throttle. It hasn't woken up my 5 month old son once yet pulling in the garage at night either. Sounds alot like a new mustang with flowmasters on it actually.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback, think I will go for the Spintech #3237XL, dual 2-1/4 inlet / single 2-1/2 outlet

I'll circle back when I get it installed. Probably in a week or so!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts