Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats goin pat'nas!!! just wanted some opinions... i want to add some rumble to my 06 tundra, will romoving the muffler and adding a straight pipe harm the engine? lose power?

Thanks.

·
Supportive Supporter
1,141 Posts
My exhaust is mostly stock....CAT back with a MagnaFlo.....I tore it off once by accident, right in front of the muff (welded bracket broke) so I had a straight pipe for a day....it was VERY loud....and I didn't think it sounded very good.
Now if it had headers........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........:D
Just my 3 cents! :cool:

·
Registered
366 Posts
i had straight with a Y split out the back... loved the sounds vid in signature just click on the youtube link

·
Registered
3,374 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
No back pressure would take the low end power away. I have a spintech sportsman with the stock size pipe and it sounds great - truck runs real nice.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Check out the Flowmaster Hushpower II. I had several mufflers on my 05' before I found the one I liked best...it's my favorite! Might sound very similar to the spintech.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses... Im thinking of going with the Magnaflo... Its there a certain one you guys recomend?

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I installed the JBA headers and a TRD cat back and I removed the factory resonator and I think my truck sounds pretty good and I dont think I lost low end power...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts