Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Just wanted to tell you what a bad choice i made buying a toyota seq ltd with 83k...

what i hate about the car...
ticking on cold start
fog lights have water in them
clear coat peeling on fender
gold logos peeling
jbl radio sounds like crap
leather wearing bad
brakes don't stop car well
vsc kicks in when it feels like it
dash sqeeks
handles like a pig
power mast is sticking half way
auto lights only come on when its pitch black outside
car jerks when coming to stop
cats smell lime rotten eggs if windows are open
sunroof squeaks
ac blows not as cool as others cars Ive had despite correct r134 weight in system
headlights are dim
wipers chatter even with bosch icon blades
has a timing belt
seating position has limited adjustment

what i like about the car...
seats 8
tows the boat nice
its hugeness
goes through snow nice

what im going to do to make myself happy?....
im gonna sell it and buy me range rover :beavbutt:

·
Registered
33 Posts
FYI, Next time before you buy a vehicle you should look at it and test drive it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Range Rover is among the least reliable vehicle manufacturers out there, good luck!

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I've never bought a vehicle with more than 80,000 miles, even in high school. I always just bought a cheaper car with less miles.

As for the Range Rover, I freakin love them. But, I'd only lease it for 36 months. You do NOT want to pay for maintenance and repairs on those cars. They are some of the worst in the automotive industry.

Beautiful, but far from reliable. Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, I've had my '03 SR5 since it was new, 165,000 miles on it and it is still one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. Sorry about your experience...

·
Registered
183 Posts
This guy is a stooge. He's just trying to start problems. It's obviously a very good SUV.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi all!

Just wanted to tell you what a bad choice i made buying a toyota seq ltd with 83k...

ticking on cold start
gold logos peeling
leather wearing bad
dash sqeeks
handles like a pig
sunroof squeaks
ac blows not as cool as others cars Ive had despite correct r134 weight in system
headlights are dim
has a timing belt

seats 8
tows the boat nice
its hugeness
goes through snow nice

Um, don't buy a used car. Eliminates most of those problems :)

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Hi all!

ticking on cold start
gold logos peeling
leather wearing bad
dash sqeeks
handles like a pig
sunroof squeaks
headlights are dim
has a timing belt

seats 8
tows the boat nice
its hugeness
goes through snow nice

Hey Corky, all of your "cons" would have been noticeable before buying it. So, why did you buy that one?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Obviously, your '03 was a retitled total, after it was fished from a flood somewhere in the U.S. It's always a good idea to see and drive a vehicle before you buy it. Range Rover? really?... make sure and buy a used one, with plenty of miles on it, and pay cash, and see it for the first time in the dark. And wear bright colors, so the seller will be sure to see you comming.. Good luck.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yha if i knew that this car was was going to be such a pain i would have kept on shoppin but it seemed like a good deal at the time that would meet my need... ha well u live u learn and you never buy toyota again :) and im not stupid enough to buy a totaled car lol but i think it would be better off if it was wrecked and rebuilt. and yha range rover... really... had one back in 98... u had anything nice in your life?

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ahahahahah your the stooge here... how is it a good suv when all the problems i listed almost every owner on here had? its a pile of underdeveloped parts thrown together some where in Ohio by a bunch of drunks being whipped by the Japs...

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
buy a new car and loose 20% right away... there is no winning with cars :( they all break and they all end up costing you but some just give you more of a smile while taking your money

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
carfax is a joke.... ive bought cars that i found to have been in wrecks and i traded in a flooded car and no one is the wiser... FYI if you all bought a 2000 silver bmw 323i with a phone cord in the trunk and a red switch... i drove that car into a lake... and traded it in... carfax that mauahahahahahah or a black 2001 mercedes s430 that i wrecked and sold to a shady greek guy who will no doubt half *** fix it and sell it on

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh i dont doubt that if i keep long enough it will run past 250k but the question is will it still look like half the car it was when i got it

·
Registered
90 Posts
yha if i knew that this car was was going to be such a pain i would have kept on shoppin but it seemed like a good deal at the time that would meet my need... ha well u live u learn and you never buy toyota again :) and im not stupid enough to buy a totaled car lol but i think it would be better off if it was wrecked and rebuilt. and yha range rover... really... had one back in 98... u had anything nice in your life?
Yes, and we bought it new :luv: (on a side note, why would you waste your money on a 323?)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.