Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the clutch isn't "kicking back" as it should be. It losses pressure really fast and I need to pump it a couple of times to make a shift change. I believe it is the clutch master cylinder... and am replacing the part tomorrow.

I bled it the other day and for awhile...it was good and then just lost pressure a few seconds later.

Other than that the A/C isnt blowing out cold air.
Shall I just try to recharge it myself... or is that just a waste of time??

Thanks in advance,
Damian.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Well so far from your description it sounds like you are on the right track with replacing the part. I am sure you will know more after the work is done.

As for the AC problem there could be a number of reasons for this. Do a search on the AC issues in the forum. Many on leaks and recharging the system and what to look for. Try http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/136118-defrost-and-ac/ and I Need Colder Air Conditioner!!! - Tundra Solutions Forum You can also look at How To Recharge - R134A Refrigerant Auto Air Conditioning Recharge

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
AC System i would only trust to a Qualified Tech, yes they charge for their work but their are many special tools to correctly service this system, even doing a service and adding leak tech cost me 150.00 bucks but 2 weeks later i took it back in and he found that the condenser and a suction/return line were bad and both leaking! So a simple service could just be a waste of time if you have parts that are damaged! He told me if i bring it back after he serviced and added the leak tech fluid and it was still leaking that i did not have to pay for the service again! It would be free but parts and labor are on me! I will be replacing condenser and line next Tuesday at around 325.00 bucks + Labor? I have not found many Toyota parts that were cheap but i do get 25% off on all parts & 10% on labor! Plus ya get a 1 year warranty when they work on it! Good luck!:tu:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts