Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happen to need a DD this past weekend. On the last turn to get onto my street the young lady driving me hone happen to pass my street. She puts my Tundra into reverse and backs up to make the turn. When she goes to shift into drive she did not depress the brake and it stalled my truck (strange..first), we then back rolled into a ditch and along side a stop sign which happen to find its way down the side of my truck. One large dent on the driver door and some small ones on the back driver door. Talk about pain, I tried so hard to keep the truck dent free and then the inevitable happens without me in the driver seat, that hurts the most. I made an insurance claim today and have a meeting in the morning. Does anyone know if they just replace the "Skins" on the doors or does Toyota require a whole new door?

·
Registered
459 Posts
If the frame is not bent then just the skin. I had a hit and run at a parking lot that put about a 1-2 inch deep dent on the whole driverside door. I took it to the autobody shop and they said it would be close if it bent the frame. The window did go down all the way, with no problems, so the odds were good that the frame was not touched. He said that, atleast the 2000, had a large gap between the skin and frame so the odds were good it would be just the skin. The price difference was about 2k for whole new door vs the skin. It was just the skin which ran me about $1200, this was about 2-3 years ago. I did not even bother with my insurance, my deductible is $1000, so the pain of not dealing with the insurance company was worth $200.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually did not try to roll the window down. The worst of the dent is right on the upper crease on the door that is a few inches below the window. My deduct was only $500 so I am positive replacing 2 doors will be more than that. Even the dents on the back door are on the crease and I spoke to a buddy that does dent removal and he says its impossible to fix my doors with the dent in that location. Paintless dent removal that is. I will head out right now to try to operate the window.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts