Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning I had a guy turn left right in front of me. The guy ended up getting two citations...failure to yield and driving without a valid license.

Let's see if I can post the images.

It's going to take over two weeks to get it repaired, or so I was told. Fortunately, all the damage is cosmetic...although the condenser and some tubing for the A/C will need to be replaced.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy is insured, but they aren't doing anything until they talk to him and so far they've been unable to reach him and he hasn't returned any of their calls. This happened on Monday morning at 6:20 a.m. I reported it to my insurance and then his by 8:00, so it's basically been two days. If they have to, my insurance company will go after him directly so it would be best if he contacted his insurance company.

The assesment is for about $5,000 and will take two to three weeks. There was no real structual damage. Just one slightly bent brace that holds the rod that holds up the hood. Everything else appears to be just a matter of removing it and then putting on new parts.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The guy is insured, but they aren't doing anything until they talk to him and so far they've been unable to reach him and he hasn't returned any of their calls. This happened on Monday morning at 6:20 a.m. I reported it to my insurance and then his by 8:00, so it's basically been two days. If they have to, my insurance company will go after him directly so it would be best if he contacted his insurance company.

The assesment is for about $5,000 and will take two to three weeks. There was no real structual damage. Just one slightly bent brace that holds the rod that holds up the hood. Everything else appears to be just a matter of removing it and then putting on new parts.

well,good luck, hope all turns out well when they fix it!! keep me posted!

·
Registered
666 Posts
How fast were you going?

·
Registered
221 Posts
The guy is insured, but they aren't doing anything until they talk to him and so far they've been unable to reach him and he hasn't returned any of their calls. This happened on Monday morning at 6:20 a.m. I reported it to my insurance and then his by 8:00, so it's basically been two days. If they have to, my insurance company will go after him directly so it would be best if he contacted his insurance company

OK dude...fess up...Where did ya stuff him???

J/K man....Killin' me to look at that too. :cry:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Time to get that TRD Sport hood and color-keyed grille surround.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure what my speed was at the time. I was in the left lane as I approached the intersection. The light was red with two cars in front of me already stopped. When I was about 300 ft from the intersection, the light turned green. There was no one in the right lane so I decided to change lanes and proceeded to accelerate. When I saw him, I hit the brakes and I felt the anti-lock brakes pulsating. Unfortunately, there just wasn't enough time or distance to stop the truck in time. I might have been doing about 20 when we actually hit. None of the airbags deployed, which is a good thing.

I finally heard back from my insurance company and his. Since the truck is only 5 months old, all parts will be replaced with geniune Toyota parts....including the condenser for the A/C, which is only slightly damaged with some of the fins being bent. But the insurance company agrees that since the truck is essentially new it should be restored to the same condition prior to the collision. The Toyota bodyshop should have all or most of the parts by tomorrow and it will take 12 days to finish...although they can take longer if they want. I'd rather they take their time and do it right. I've got a rental available to me for 30 days so no need to rush...even if I don't like the car. But at least it gets me where I need to go.

I'll take pictures when I get it back. But here are some pictures before it happened. I'm trying to decide what to do with the truck as far as upgrades and accessories. I know I'd like to lift it a little and get some real AT tires. I don't know if I would want to go with a bigger wheel or not. I'd like to find out if I there's some way to add a limited slip rear or locking rear.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Your accident is almost identical to mine. Check out post #9 in this thread. There's a link to my pics in that post as well. I also had to have the condensor replaced because one of the tubes got nicked.

I didn't talk with the other party's insurance at all since my insurance took care of everything. They were motivated to do so since either they were going to pay or they were going to get the other party's insurance to pay. Guess which option they chose to pursue? I didn't pay a penny for anything and I even got my deductible back.

It took four weeks to do for the first go around and then another two weeks to replace the defective hood that was installed. Total cost was a little over $7,000.

Good luck.

Paul

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I finally heard back from my insurance company and his. Since the truck is only 5 months old, all parts will be replaced with geniune Toyota parts....
Sucks about your truck... :mad:

Regardless if the truck is 5 months old or 5 years old, Id tell the insurance company they need to pay for OEM parts, brand new, not pulled off a wreck. It was the other guys fault and the least they can do is get your vehicle back to the condition it was before it was damaged.

I bought my truck in Albuquerque and about two months later I decided to give Charlotte, NC a shot. I ended up getting smacked by a ******* driving a box truck. He took out the passenger fender and front door. I specially told the insurance company and the body shop I wanted all brand new OEM parts to be installed, regardless if the panels were repairable or not. It was only a few months old and dammit, I was making payments on a new truck and thats what I wanted.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Sorry about your truck man, that sucks. On the other hand perfect time for fiberglass fenders & glass hood w/ scoop from glassworks :tu:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just got a call from the body shop. The truck is done...at least the front anyway. One of their employees was moving the truck from paint to another location and backed into a pole crunching the bed. The body shop isn't even going to bother repairing the damage. They're just going to put a whole new bed on it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
wtf??? damn dude.... THAT SUCKS :td:

tell them you want reimbursed for the depreciated value since its been wreaked.. TWICE now...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went to look at the truck. The front end looks real nice. But the bed panel on the driver's side has a big yellow scrape from just in front of the bumper to the top of the wheel well from hitting the big yellow concrete base of a light pole in the parking lot. With the bright color you would think that it wouldn't have gotten hit...but it's easy to do. I did it back in 1995 with a black Ford Ranger I had at the time. It was a step-side so the exterior of the bed was nothing but fiberglass. It didn't look pretty.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts