Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Looking good, 22" KMC wheels? Need to add a little chrome to the body (mirrors/door handles) to tie it all together. Otherwise great job.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Damn. Looking good. Don't get chrome mirror caps but chrome door handles might be a nice touch. Anyhow, looking real good as it is!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thanks guys was trying to figure out how to add more chrome without going overboard because it needs just a little something more. I'll try the door handles first then we'll see.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
If it helps make your decision any easier here is a picture of mine with the chrome handles/mirrors.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Looks nice but you don't want to go over board with chrome. Maybe the door handles and that's all I would do. Points sent dog nutz!

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Agreed! I like the color coded mirrors, it flows with the body lines better. I think I will be colormatching mine too.

The handles will be nice in chrome, though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input guys and the pics. The tires are NITTO NT420's. Qucik question i heard someone here does custom chrome badges does anyone have this guys info?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Very very nice! Looks good just the way it is.

I think it was someone from the Tundra boards that does custom emblems?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but your Sequoia looks sweet, 808fireman! Your pictures are the only ones that I could find on the internet with chrome 22" KMC Slides on a Sequoia (if anyone can find any other pics, I'd be shocked because I search up and down with google) so thank you for posting this! I thought 22s would be too much but they are just right IMO. A couple of questions if you dont mind: Do you have any vibration or shimmy with these wheels? Any rubbing? How far do they stick out from the fender? (I assume these are +38mm offset.) Thanks!

·
Yamahauler
690 Posts
i thought i remembered you saying you wanted to get 26's?? still looks good though, not a fan of chrome, last time i had chrome 20's in hawaii they didnt last long, lots of work to care for them. looks good though. points sent.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but your Sequoia looks sweet, 808fireman! Your pictures are the only ones that I could find on the internet with chrome 22" KMC Slides on a Sequoia (if anyone can find any other pics, I'd be shocked because I search up and down with google) so thank you for posting this! I thought 22s would be too much but they are just right IMO. A couple of questions if you dont mind: Do you have any vibration or shimmy with these wheels? Any rubbing? How far do they stick out from the fender? (I assume these are +38mm offset.) Thanks!
In the beginning I thought that they wouldn't fill the well. After getting them put on I feel they are the perfect size and with the wheels make it have that stocky look i wanted. As for shimmy I did notice that I seem to get some in the same areas on the freeway here. Other than that they ride fine. There is absolutely no rubbing and the turning radius has not suffered or is really not noticeable. As for it sticking out of the fender, I leveled from the top of the tire to fender above and it sticks out less than an inch. But if you are looking from the front or rear of the wheel well the tire sticks out about an inch and a half to two inches. Hope this helps. If I have time I will try to take some pics with the level.

i thought i remembered you saying you wanted to get 26's?? still looks good though, not a fan of chrome, last time i had chrome 20's in hawaii they didnt last long, lots of work to care for them. looks good though. points sent.
Yeah I talked to a lot of people and they talked me out of the 26's and 24's. Saying the novelty would wear off and the ride quality would get irritating. As for the chrome I polish at least once every two weeks more if raining. Thanks to my schedule i'm able to do that. Even with that it is hard to maintain. Thinking about taking them off once every couple of months and doing a better job. Thanks for the points.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts