Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried starting my truck last night and it would crank fine, but wouldn't start. Eventually it smelled of gas in the area. I tried starting it for 3 minutes, waited another 10 minutes and tied again. Still nothing. I then left it and came back after 60 minutes and it was hard to start, but started. The exhaust was smokey. I drove it to the dealer and left it.

It has done this before, but it has always been when my truck was being used in the field during the day and I just assumed I had left my lights on or something that would drain the battery. If I would leave it alone for 10-15 minutes with all light switches off and it would start. The battery is always OK when I get it tested at Sears.

Last night it was dark and I am sure the lights were off. Also, the battery had over 12V.

Truck is a 2003 V6 (3.4L) with 62,000 miles. The dealer did the 60,000 mile service at 59,xxx.

Dealer called this morning and said it started fine for them twice. They are going to look into it. Other then testing the battery, starter, and alternator what should they look at? Your thought are appreciated.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
P.S. - I had the v6 hard cranking TSB performed at 30,000 miles. and a new battery somewhere around that mileage too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts