·
Registered
447 Posts
Dang what happened?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
avoiding another car that was coming into my lane. hit the curb and it was all over.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EMT's didn't believe me when I told them I was the driver. Not a scratch. When it hit the pine tree the rear end came up in the air and the corner of the bed hit a melaleuca tree 10' up and broke it in half.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, so sorry to hear. i'm sure we hope your o.k.
i guess it's time for your gen2 5.7 trd s/c, etc :)
you might be able to buy it back & fix her up, &
drive her again as a salvage title.
or buy her back & part her out.
or like i said take the check from the ins. & work majic
at the dealership, talk them down.
the 2011's will be out hopefully by august.
you might end up getting a great deal.
seach all dealership's, everywhere.
this way you have prices, for 08,09,10 left over's.
check: craig list ,ebay,etc.
ask the gen2 guy's, who just bought, what they paid for what model.
you might want the crew cab 5.7l V8
buy they way, i would turn down the ins's 1st offer.
tell them about your mods, including the:
X-SP package was 6g's.
good luck,
gorilla

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
HOLY PHOQUE!!! Glad you are alright and what a testament to the safety of the DC. WOW. I would be positively sick.

What happened with the other driver who crossed into your path? I hope you get another DC soon.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Insurance was very, very nice to me. Waiting for the 2011 Tundras. Not much left to choose from in SEToyota. I waited 2 months to get what I wanted in 2006 and I was very happy. Patience will not be difficult this time. My insurance agent said there are vin numbers out there already for 2011 Tundra's. Hmmmmm. Could be very soon.

BTW I have a 295 45 20 Conti UHP virtually brand new that I need to part with.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I bet you were surprised when that Pine tree jumped out in your way. I have heard that they move pretty quick.

Glad your ok. Welcome to the "totaled out a vehicle club".

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Some people do some stupid things out there on the roads. Did that driver realize what
he/she caused when you went flying off the road?

Glad to hear you are okay. Certainly proves these Tundras will keep you safe. I hear ya on waiting if you have time finding a replacement. 2011 sounds nice. Good luck with your search and post your new baby when she arrives.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Me thinks the 11's are coming around the 4th of July weekend. SET's [Southeast Toyota] web site won't let you check stock on the 2010's anymore.
The special offers all end on June 30th. I'm getting excited and now I really have to decide what I want so I can order it as soon as they become available.
edit*** SET web site must have been down this morning, it's working now but there is really nothing left.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts