Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I want to thank everyone on this forum who has helped me with the many questions I have had since I got my Tundra in October. I had quite an ordeal getting my wheel and tires installed, but I am happy to have it all completed.

Here is the BEFORE pic. Took this right when I picked here up.

Here is what I have done thus far:

Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Shocks on front (set at highest setting)
America Racing Trench wheels (17 x 8)
Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/70/17
Black Pro-Comp lug nuts
20% Tint
Weathertech In-Channel Window Visors
Debadge (TRD sticker coming off this spring)
Blacked Out Toyota grill emblem
CV Boot Mod (over existing clamps)

And here are some pictures of my baby....

Improvements yet to come:

Wheelers 1.5" AAL
Pioneer AVIC-X920BT CD/DVD/NAV/IPOD head unit
1000 watt power converter (hardwired)
Retrax Retractable Tonneu Cover (on its way)
Defiant Light Bar

Thanks for looking....would love any comments.

ACC

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Looking good. Put up a before / after shot from the side if you have it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Looks awesome! Very nice looking DC! I especially like how your front end is a little higher then the back! A lot of people don't like that, but I love that stance on trucks, looks real good. I would just buy the 5100's for the rear instead of adding the AAL's. Your truck looks good as is. Also, I think the TRD sticker looks good, you shoud leave it on, fully debadged with just the TRD sticker makes it look just right.

Congrats, enjoy!
Gus

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep. Stock TRD exhaust. Not planning on messing with aftermarket exhaust, CAI, chips or anything else. i hear bad things about performance upgrades

·
Registered
55 Posts
yeah i was looking to get a new exhaust but just dont know wat to go with and i didnt wanna drop $700 on those trd ....but they are nice though...good luck with your truck man

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Guys. I am LOVING my Tundra. Initially set out to buy a Tacoma, but upon driving the Tundra and seeing how they can look mod'd up, I had to go with the Tundra.

Gonna be a fun weekend! Installing the new retrax tonneau cover and installing new shocks on my Harley! Guess the spring cleaning my girl wants me to do it out the window. :)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hahaha :) Got that last weekend unloading my buddy's new Suzuki Intruder 1400. Had ramps to load it, but no ramps to unload, so we backed her up to a hill and rolled her off. She took a souvenir with her.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
hey rockett,

those are the first black wheels i have seen on a tundra (any color tundra) that i have liked. most black wheels look gaudy to me. great looking set of wheels, indeed! :tu::tu:

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Truck looks good dude! Diggin' the blacked out look. :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The blacked out look got a little more serious this weekend. We had some nice weather and I was able to strip the TRD stickers off the rear quarter panels. I definitely love the look now. Even had my first person ask me "What kind of truck is that?" :)

Thanks, NoKz, for the compliment on the wheels. I looked long and hard for them. It's surprising how hard it is to find wheels with NO chrome or silver at all. Add to it that I wanted glossy black rims, not flat black. Had to be 17" x 8" rims and had to have more than 4.5mm of backspacing.....you can see how limited my options were. Luckily, I LOVE them too! Pardon the bit of mud (I wish there was more). Took the Tundra out to the cabin to do some skeet shootin' :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts