Toyota Tundra Forums banner

My 3 month review! Squeaks and Pops!!!

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  asianflava 
#1 ·
After 3 months of ownership of my 2010 crewmax I do not regret getting rid of my f350! I love this truck I drive it everyday I currently have 7,000 miles on it it pulls great and drives great! My only complaint I might make a warranty claim for all the squeaks and pops the dash pops and the rear of truck squeaks when going anywhere but highway annoying! But I do love my truck and averaging 16mpg that highway city!

#4 ·
That's crazy - I still never had squeaks, pops, or rattles in this '10 or my '07... cross my fingers that I never do!

#7 ·
O sorry I also have a rattle from the passenger side rear door panel!

You might want to check the plastic piece directly behind the door handle because it tends to "float" somewhat and therefore cause a "rattle" like noise. In fact, if you lightly tap on this plastic piece while parked, you will find that it makes a "rattle" noise. You might want to tap all the pieces behind the handles on your doors to discover which one is really the culprit since it is so easy for sound to bounce around in the cab and sometimes where the noise is coming from can be a little misleading. A fellow member on here has a thread somewhere about how to take that piece out and put a little bit of foam or something like that behind the piece to deaden the rattle and it stopped all his door rattles once and for all. I hope that helps. Glad your happy with your truck!!!

#8 ·
I don't know how people get such good mileage. I drive like a snail and mostly freeway and get 16 MPG. But as I get more miles, I know that is just going to continue to go down. When I drive my friends Tundra I raise his average, he gets 12 with mostly city driving.

Must be a San Diego thing. I'm averaging 12 with mostly city driving. Though I did squeek out 17 on my 4.5 mile commute one day, hit most of the lights green, pushed it to 6th gear as quickly as possible (leave it in sport shifting mode at 6 even from a stop), coasted to stops from a looooooong way away, in neutral on hills. I was quite impressed by haven't been able to reproduce - takes too much restraint.

#9 ·
I traced what I thought was a door rattle to the seatbelt buckle hitting the door jam.
Ok, I have this same issue and it bugs the crap out of me. :selfbonk: After the kids (or whoever else was in the backseat) unbuckles the metal clip often faces the wall and rattle rattle rattle. I have not figured a way to stop this short of pulling over and flipping them. I have thought about finding a piece of thin rubber like material to put where the offending banging occurs but I have no idea what or where to get it. Any ideas?

#10 ·
I was thinking something to hook the belt clip on when its not used. Maybe something attached to the car seat strap mounts in back of the seat, or just buckle it up all the time. Mine only does it once in awhile, your right though it probably depends on which way the clip falls as the strap is retracted.

#11 ·
Yeah, but I think I need a passive solution. It really isn't practical to ask whoever is in the back, "please hook the seatbelt". I mean I can't get my kids to flip them, and really, who can blame them? It's not a standard thing to do. As I sit here I see my mouse pad and I keep thinking something like that in black (to match my interior) could do the trick. Perhaps I should get a nice new one and some spray adhesive...

#12 ·
My rear seatbelts also bang around after my boys unbuckle. My 07 actually has seatbelt clips that keep the belts from banging around. I just place the belts in the clips when I help my boys get out from the truck.

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.