Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have FINALLY completed my Tundra! After an entire year I have finally finished the mods, paint, and wheels & tires. Here are a few pics of the exterior. I will post a few more pics of the completed interior tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
Looks good, nice work. :tu:

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Congrats man

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
looks good, although I'm not a fan of the grill emblem

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I purchased the custom emblem but I have found another company that makes custom billet badges and emblems. I'm going to get them to make me a billet black Toyota emblem. I think it will look a lot better.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Your truck looks good. Did you have your chrome mirrors and door handles painted or did you find some already painted? I'm itching to give my truck a similar look. Ive already installed the painted black grill off of a rock warrior edition. I know i can get the black painted mirror covers and front door handles from a TRD sport model, but I havent found a solution for pre-painted black door handles for the rear doors of a crewmax.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the positive comments. I'm really happy with the way the truck turned out. Yeah, the entire truck was painted jet black, no metallic or white in the paint. The purest black I could get. The door handles, side mirrors, fog light housings, tailgate handle, and the front plastic valance were all smoothed, primed, and painted black. I know you can get the black side mirrors for the sport model and the black door handles as well. I think TRDSparks.com sells the color matched door handles.

The interior has been completed modified as well. It is a combination of black, dark gray, and carbon fiber. I was really going for a black on black look. Good luck with your mods. If I can help in any way let me know.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks for the positive comments. I'm really happy with the way the truck turned out. Yeah, the entire truck was painted jet black, no metallic or white in the paint. The purest black I could get. The door handles, side mirrors, fog light housings, tailgate handle, and the front plastic valance were all smoothed, primed, and painted black. I know you can get the black side mirrors for the sport model and the black door handles as well. I think TRDSparks.com sells the color matched door handles.

The interior has been completed modified as well. It is a combination of black, dark gray, and carbon fiber. I was really going for a black on black look. Good luck with your mods. If I can help in any way let me know.

I like to look of the truck, but can you post some pictures of the interior since you redid that as well, thanks.

Also it looks like you remove the 2008 front grille and installed a 2010 front grille is that right?

How much did it cost to get the entire truck repainted?:ts:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also it looks like you remove the 2008 front grille and installed a 2010 front grille is that right?
That's what it looks like to me too. Personally, I would've gone for a blacked out billet grille minus the Toyota logo, but that's just me.

Sharp truck, nice job! :tu::cool:

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
How are the projectors? Got hid's in em?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to all for the positive comments. Yes, I went with the 2010 grille because I think it looks better than the 08 version. I haven't really seen a aftermarket grille that I really like. I had thought about it but thought the OEM grille looked better to me. The custom grille emblem is made of acrylic but I am currently having a custom billet grille emblem made that will have a brushed aluminum background with a black powder coated Toyota emblem. I think it will go well with the wheels. I wanted to retain the front grille emblem because I removed all of the other badges and wanted to keep one. The wheels are 22" Diamo 30 Karat wheels and the tires are 305/45/22 Toyo Proxes ST II. The paint job was done by my father in law so the labor was free. I just had to pay for the paint. I was going for a mostly blacked out look, so that's why I wanted a deep black with no metallic in it. The headlights, taillights, and third brake light are from Anzo, and they are AWESOME!!! I highly recommend these to anyone looking for a blacked out look up front. The halo projectors look so much better than the factory lights. I will post some pics of the interior in the next few days.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was thinking about the ANZO projectors for my Sequoia, but can't find any pictures of them installed, or a picture of a beam pattern/cutoff. How do you like yours? Do you have HID in them? If so, mind posting some pictures of the cutoff/output?

Your truck looks pretty badass!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah, I purchased the custom emblem but I have found another company that makes custom billet badges and emblems. I'm going to get them to make me a billet black Toyota emblem. I think it will look a lot better.

Looks Sweet Man! I was curious, is the company that makes the emblems online? I am looking to create a custom Rock Warrior Badge for my tailgate, I have a couple of designs in mind, just need to find someone to fabricate them....thanks! Great looking truck! :tu:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alaska, the site that makes the badges is BilletBadges.com. They can make any badge, pretty much any size and shape, and with multiple colors. Check them out!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts