Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally installed my Ready SST 3/1 lift (69-5075) on my 08 Crewmax. I purchased the lift on ebay for $211.94 shipped to my house. This is my first time I have ever done anything this extensive to my truck. I had my brother-in-law help me with the lift, he knows a little bit more about cars than I do but def. not a mechanic. It took us about 4 hours to do the lift. I really think if we had all the right tools it wouldnt have taken us that long. It was actually pretty easy. The hardest part was the dif drop only because it was almost impossible to get to the bolts. All in all.. I love the new stance and it really makes my tundra look like a mans truck and not just an SUV with a truck bed.

After doing the lift I went to DiscountTires and purchased a new set of BF Goodwrich All Terrain TAs size 305/65 18s. Paid $1343.41 with a $60 mail in rebate. (so really $1283.41). After the tire install I paid $40 for an allignment. Giving my grand total $1535.35 for everything. I didnt think that was too bad.

As for the lift and tires after the install. Man I couldnt be happier. Its an awesome looking truck now. The only problem I had was the tires scrubbing the little mudflaps inside of the fender well and rubbing on the skid plate. I was told they would not rub unless I went with a 35" tire. The 305s are 33"s and still rubbing.

If you are every considering doing this lift... DO IT... Makes your truck look 100 times better and its really easy to do (this coming from a man that is scared to change his own oil)

Just to give you an idea of how much of a change the lift and tires are I took some measurements.
Before the lift :
Front - Ground to fender well - 35 5/8"
Bottom of wheel to fender well - 31 3/8"
Rear - Ground to fender well - 39 1/4"
Bottom of wheel to fender well - 34 1/4"

After the lift :
Front - Ground to fender well - 40 1/2"
Bottom of wheel to fender well - 34 1/4"
Rear - Ground to fender well - 41 1/2"
Bottom of wheel to fender well - 35 1/4"

Here are some before and after pics....

Attachments

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I basically have the same setup so you know I like the way it looks! Good job man and congrats!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maylon... I checked out your truck several times before I decided on the tires. I really think the BFG ATs are the best looking tires on the market. For some reason your truck looks ligher in mine. Maybe its the nerf bars on the side... in the one pic yours are off and the truck looks really high.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice lookin lift brutha. If you have rubbing like I did, just a simple bend in the skid plate and remove the mud flaps... should fix it. I was also rubbing towards the front of the wheel well (probably from the thick treads of my ATZ's). Fixed that by removing the screws from underneath the front bumper, pushing plastic forward, drilling new holes in plastic, and puttin the screws back in. Sounds like a pain, but it wasen't all that bad. Just some info for ya if you have issues.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
It's funny man I've had several people say that it looks higher than it is. I have since put Go Rhino Dominator II nerf bars on which are basically n-fabs. I think it looks a little lower now. I do like the tires just watch for outside wear on those front tires. I think I need to have my alignment redone but you will get some feathering on the outer fronts just from turning in such a heavy truck.

·
Registered
133 Posts
nice looking truck...

looking to do the same to mine but im getting 16 mpg...i know its going to go down when i do it, what kind of mpg are you getting now?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts