Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to make my own step bars, simply to be different. They took me about two weekends to make but in the end, PRICELESS!! I will be getting them coated w/bed liner material later, but here are the finished raw metal pics. :tu:

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TUNDO, I spent 70 bucks for all the materials I used. I had my self (200 lbs.) and my bro-in-law (275 lbs.) and sis-in-law (120 lbs.) stand on driver side bar and it did not give at all. So it can with stand at least 600 lbs, not that it would have that much weight on it all the time but out of my own curiosity.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Nice work. I hope you don't mind, but I have a suggestion to make. It would probably be a good idea to add some sort of flat surface to the top of each step. Even when they are coated, it is still a round pipe that some people may have a hard time using. Just a suggestion, take it or leave it.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Very nice! I look forward to seeing them coated and installed. How did you bend the steps?

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
Maybe you need to go into business!

Looks great.:tu:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TOOLDUD,, since I did not have a pipe bender, I used a good ol' cutting torch with a rosebud attachment to heat the pipe uniformly and then with my own two hands bent them. I just had to make sure and keep the pipe from twisting during the bending process. :ts:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts