Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPS was good to me today. I should have everything completed in about 3 weeks.

Today:

Kicker ZX750.1 (doing 942w!:eek: )
Kicker ZX350.4
Kicker KS65.2
Kicker KX65
Kicker CVT10 x 2
Kicker PKD4 amp kit
Kicker KI23 RCA's x 3
Kicker 12ga Speaker Wire
Eclipse RMC105
Eclipse IPC-106

Waiting on:

Eclipse AVN5510
Eclipse BTE-500
Eclipse SIR-ECL
Eclipse BEC106
3 Rolls of RAAMmat BXT

Hopefully I can start tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
honestly why would you make a comment like that? its what someone wanted because they like those companies and you try to diss them with it? get off these forums with your trash

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you seen the failure rate comparisons? If so, then you'd see they're right on par if not a little better than just about every major electronics manufacturer out there. So I guess I don't know if it's a quality issue you have with them. I guess you could be basing that on SQ. I guess all I can say to that is Corey Himmel, Mark Eldridge, Gary Biggs. But hey, what does SQ Grand Master mean anyways? I guess it could be an output issue, but I've never heard anyone say thier Kicker subs were quiet. I've ran several Eclipse decks and never had problem one with any of them. I love the higher voltage preouts, and the processing in the higher end units is second to none. But hey, to each his own, thanks for the kind words.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry if I took that a little personally, but it was kind of a ****ty thing to say, especially when you're running flea market and PA gear.

·
Registered
163 Posts
^^^^lol to all that

dude, I back you FULLY on the kicker stuff, even tho I had a choice between bazooka or kicker haha I chose kicker and its amazing. straight up, I never thaught of taking pictures of the boxes, but I'll make a little castle picture just for funs sake one I finally get my install pics up on here.

Im putting the same KS-KX350.4 set up in my brothers Taco. My Tundra got the SS's.....GOOD CHOICE with the KS tho, SO MUCH BS went on with the SS stuff and making it fit.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Sorry if I took that a little personally, but it was kind of a ****ty thing to say, especially when you're running flea market and PA gear.
well i have had kicker stuff before. dont get me wrong they sounded good for the price, but they blew so easily. haha thats why i dont have a single pa speaker in my truck, and this def. isnt flea market stuff!

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
If you paid a decent price for them, then Kicker all the way. If you paid retail for them, then you got screwed out of your money. Kicker is great stuff, but it overpriced for what you get.

P.S. I had the KS65.2 set and hated hated hated it. No midbass and really really shrill highs that would hurt the ears. Let me know how you like them, I am interested b/c I may have just not given them a chance.

Great job on all the stuff, feel like Christmas????:devil:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you paid a decent price for them, then Kicker all the way. If you paid retail for them, then you got screwed out of your money. Kicker is great stuff, but it overpriced for what you get.

P.S. I had the KS65.2 set and hated hated hated it. No midbass and really really shrill highs that would hurt the ears. Let me know how you like them, I am interested b/c I may have just not given them a chance.

Great job on all the stuff, feel like Christmas????:devil:
Well, if you look at my user name, it's "The Kicker Guy" for a reason. While I can't say what I paid, let's just it's FAR FAR off of retail. I've played with the KS before and while they're no SQ champ, they're one of the better sellers due to the price and I wanted to put them in a car so customers can hear one of Kicker's more "entry" level systems. I will be putting them in a install most people wouldn't do for an entry level component set, so we'll see what they do. I'm a silk dome guy, so I may have a problem with the tweets, but I should be able to EQ out what I don't like. I have stacks of the ND25 tweets laying around that I absolutely love, so if the KS tweets suck, I can just swap them out. I'm not trying to say Kicker is the end all, be all of car audio, there's plenty of companies out there that I would go to if I was looking for run SQ again(I did run Kicker SX amps in a high end SQ install, and IMO, if you're looking to go active, there is no better amp). I'm just saying, they're far from the bottom. I don't think as a whole, they're overpriced. They have a few products which they seem to be a little too proud of, but for the most par, they're pretty dead on with the rest of the industry. Their amps consistantly put out more power than rated, the SX amps are worth the price of the DSP alone, and their subs have always been pretty solid. The wire is the best out there PERIOD. I haven't seen any other 0ga that you can tie in a knot. The speakers seem to be thier weaker point now, but the resolution series of a couple years ago were awesome.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only places I've ever seen Quantum or SPL for sale is the flea market. Emenience makes some great PA gear, but car is so so. If you're a big emenience fan, I have a World12 and a Atlas12 that I've been trying to sell for the last 2 years. I'll gladly sell you both for $50 shipped.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
The only places I've ever seen Quantum or SPL for sale is the flea market. Emenience makes some great PA gear, but car is so so. If you're a big emenience fan, I have a World12 and a Atlas12 that I've been trying to sell for the last 2 years. I'll gladly sell you both for $50 shipped.
this is true about the amps. the only reason i have these is because i got the quantum for free, and the spl for half off, i couldnt get a better deal than that. where i am located, eminence is one if not the most popular choice for a door speaker. Selenium, Dayton, and B&C are also very popular. We are more about being loud and heard from a long distance. I personally like eminence because the are high wattage and they are very difficult to blow.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
this is true about the amps. the only reason i have these is because i got the quantum for free, and the spl for half off, i couldnt get a better deal than that. where i am located, eminence is one if not the most popular choice for a door speaker. Selenium, Dayton, and B&C are also very popular. We are more about being loud and heard from a long distance. I personally like eminence because the are high wattage and they are very difficult to blow.

Yeah, being loud and being heard from a distance is stupid and irresponsible. Grow the hell up.

Kicker Guy, rock on with the kicker stuff and let us know how it turns out. To let you know, the KS components require no mods to the front doors, just perfect dropin.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Yeah, being loud and being heard from a distance is stupid and irresponsible. Grow the hell up.

Kicker Guy, rock on with the kicker stuff and let us know how it turns out. To let you know, the KS components require no mods to the front doors, just perfect dropin.
how is this being stupid and irresponsible??? lets hear what you have in your ride. different people go for different things in different regions of the country. Some like sound quality, some like sound pressure level, some like bass more than mids. it looks like you may be the one that needs to grow up im just making a point.

·
Registered
17 Posts
:D you should be good with the kicker audio products...that what i sell at work to people when they want stright bass...they get the low end, but one good thing about the l5 or l7 is that a 10" is really a 11" and the 12" is a 13" with the 10" cvt the cone will beable to come out farther then most subs..the only thing i dont know about is that dynamat you got cause is a off brand.. but its all foil and black stuff...so it should be all good...but its best your clean it where you put it and then us a heat gun blow dryer and heat of the dynamat and then stick it and roll it with a roll you can get from OSH for like 5 buck

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
how is this being stupid and irresponsible??? lets hear what you have in your ride. different people go for different things in different regions of the country. Some like sound quality, some like sound pressure level, some like bass more than mids. it looks like you may be the one that needs to grow up im just making a point.

Well seeing as you stated that you are the one that wants to be heard from a mile away, that is freakin stupid. Keep your damn sound inside your truck, others dont want to hear it. its stupid and irrisponsible. if you like spl competitions, keep your loud stereo there. I have a loud stereo as well, but I keep the sound inside the cab not being irresponsible.

like I said, grow up.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
:D you should be good with the kicker audio products...that what i sell at work to people when they want stright bass...they get the low end, but one good thing about the l5 or l7 is that a 10" is really a 11" and the 12" is a 13"

Kicker L5 and L7 = silly silly loud on almost no power, but hardley any SQ. Sloppy, undefined, and with limited output below 40hz.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts