Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been a road guy (sports cars and sports bikes) but I got the truck bug a few months ago and picked up my first truck about 3 weeks ago. Today was my first time going off road on a truck (tried dirt biking a couple of times). It was hella fun and I can't wait for next Saturday!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Need to ditch those tires! Thanks for sharing the pics, though. You are getting me amped up to go crash through some dirt too!

·
Registered
655 Posts
looks like you have some ICON UCAs,and coil overs,with some rear piggy back shocks "same kit as me".fun ride huh?i love my ICON kit,if your ever in the vegas area,hit me up.il take you on some awsome trails!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Dang, time for me to put a block in the rrear! Greart looking truck. Let us know some specs on 'er. We're no thte type of ppl that will accept "it's lifted" as an acceptable answer.. we want names, types, specs, etc.

-rockstate

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Glad to see you have the Cajones to take that pretty Truck off road. I agree, get RID of those tires!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
liftking08 wins the prize! Icon Stage 5 kit in there - 2.5" reservoir front coil overs, billet UCAs, 2.5" piggybacks, leaf spring expansion pack, and Total Chaos 1" diff drop spacer.

I agree with needing to get rid of the tires but the boss (aka fiance) won't let me get rid of perfectly good / new tires right now so it'll be some time before I can trade up.

liftking08 - I've got an office in LV so I'll probably be there in June or July some time. I'll ping you before I head up.

Cheers!

·
Registered
655 Posts
SWEET!!!!im always up for offroading,give me about 2 weeks notice,il gather up a bunch of other people/TSmembers.at least once a month a group of us get togather and go on some trail rides/rock crawling/mud bogging "thats hard to come by tho,stupid desert".what ever you feel like getting into,just let me know,il get you there.

·
Registered
655 Posts
as far as your tires go,i can take you on some trails that would rip your stuck tires all to hell,so you would have to buy new tires lol,let me know.i can order them for you in advance.lol

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Nice to see a truck that nice being driven hard, enjoy.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Good writeup & great pics! Glad you're having fun with the new truck!

·
Registered
753 Posts
[more pics of roxy]

Thats a dang good lookin truck, good to see it being used like one!

-Tim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys. I must say that it's interesting to me how many people I met in person were a little taken aback that I wanted to take the truck off road. Most said it was too nice / new but that's why I bought it. I guess I treat my vehicles like tools - I am a bit nicer to my cars than my motorcycles though since they cost a lot more.

Here are a few more pics:

Stock tires did just fine out there. Here's a pic of my buddy's HD coming down a pretty steep (but short) hill - we had to go back up it to get out of the figure 8 and the stock tires did it with no drama.

We went up and down this hill easily too:

Here's some perspective of what I went down and up:

Not a Tundra but my buddy's HD looked pretty good out there:

I like the black diesel smoke mixin' with the dirt!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Looks fun. Where in San Diego is that? Shoot me a pm if you don't want to advertise it. What did the lift cost you if you don't mind?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Great pics, thanks for sharing. I'll be there with liftking to meet up with you. :tu:

·
Registered
655 Posts
Great pics, thanks for sharing. I'll be there with liftking to meet up with you. :tu:
671tundras truck is SICK!!!he started out with a pro comp stage1,and switched all the suspension over to ICON,his is my 2nd favorite tundra "mine is number 1". lmao!!"thats only cuz my stereo sounds better,just a little salt in that cut for ya.inside joke,he knows what im talking about lol"

·
Registered
112 Posts
I agree with needing to get rid of the tires but the boss (aka fiance) won't let me get rid of perfectly good / new tires right now so it'll be some time before I can trade up.
Here's how I got my Chief Financial Officer / President of Human Resources (wife) to approve my tire swap - pointed out that the Rugged Trails get poor traction in the wet (danger!!), and wear out early (poor value!!).

Plus since I put few miles on per year, I knew I'd be looking at them for many years if I didn't ditch 'em. So I got the new BFG KOs put on when the stock tires had only 200 miles, and I sold them in a flash for 450 cash, which offset the new tires nicely...

But, glad to hear that the truck goes well offroad even with the stock tires. Once my bro and I took our Baja bugs for a long adventure in Baja, and my dad was chasing us in his 2005 4wd Tundra. We were making a helluva racket, tons of dust, chaos with the bugs, while he sipped his soda and made no dust in his Tundra. He had balloney skin stock tires on there but the 4wd worked well enough to just toodle along.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Great pictures

1 - 20 of 30 Posts