Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyones inside door handle broke . It has come apart inside the door so that the the handle does nothing and I have to roll down the window reach outside and open the door.

could this have been from someone trying to jimmy the door open with a slim jim or wire I do see a deep 2 inch long scratch but no damage to the rubber maybe the scratch was there already but I should of noticed it I did replace the wind shield so may be i scratched it I really dont think I did it and I spent an hour cleaning up and wiping off broken glass so it could not have scraped it and the door levers were secure .

Has this hapened to anyone else or did someone try to break in ?
Will the dealer fix it under warranty ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay I fixed it , but it was rainng so I did not have time to play with it to see if the criminal could of actually got it open. The door was very easy to take off thanks to the directions I found on these forums, but instea of breaking clips i used a big salad fork to reach in a nd pry all the clips .

Nothing was broken there are to cables going to the handle the green one was was still hooked to the handle but the back side was not snaped in to the little plastic clamp behind the handle all I did was put it back in

It would be hard for someone to grab the cables through the window but if they really did the alarm would go off and they would have about 5 seconds before the new Tundra theft stopper seriously injurs them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts