Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im planning on doing a leveling kit in the next couple of weeks. I called the local dealer (wont say the name, but it starts with vandergriff and ends in toyota) and asked the service advisor about an alignment, told him about the lift and he said yes, the toe will likely be out on that so its 79.95 for the alignnment and you may want to just drop it off instead of waiting.

fine.

i then asked him about rezeroing the VSC or whatnot and he said, oh i have never heard of that, all these newer trucks are all electronic and relearn their sensors so there is no adjustment, its all automatic. its like the speedometer, its all electronic so it will learn new tire sizes, etc.

ok...we know he smokie da crackie.

who is in the dallas/fort worth area that has had the reset done? im sure i will need it, my tires are 1 inch taller than stock and i will be going up 2.5-3 inches in the front....

anyone?

·
- ? -
1,305 Posts
I called the local dealer (wont say the name, but it starts with vandergriff and ends in toyota)
:D

i then asked him about rezeroing the VSC or whatnot and he said, oh i have never heard of that, all these newer trucks are all electronic and relearn their sensors so there is no adjustment, its all automatic. its like the speedometer, its all electronic so it will learn new tire sizes, etc.

ok...we know he smokie da crackie.

who is in the dallas/fort worth area that has had the reset done? im sure i will need it, my tires are 1 inch taller than stock and i will be going up 2.5-3 inches in the front....

anyone?

I installed a 3/1 a couple weeks back and at the time i had 285/65/18's and i just went up to a 35/12.50/18 and i have had no problems with the VSC with either tire size. Maybe you should give it a week or so and see how the truck performs and if you think it needs the recalibration you can take it in. just a thought.

As for the speedometer relearning the new tire sizes...........thats a bunch of crap. My gps says im going 5mph faster than the speedometer is saying.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool. i'll give that a try to see if i have any issues.....i was just thinking i could get it all done while there when it was in for an alignment since it has to have that anyway

·
- ? -
1,305 Posts
Yep, i understand. Tryn to knock out 2 birds with one stone. From what i have learn its kinda hit or miss with the VSC. Some people have had problems after a lift and some havent. So its up to you. Good luck with the dealership if you decide to get it done.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts