Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put these on this afternoon. Man they are a lot heavier than my last wheel and tire combo. I'm glad I went with the 20" rims. They really don't look too big IMO.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
They look good ! I still on the wall with purchasing nittos i keep reading they wear down quick.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I haven't really heard that argument about the wear properties of Nitto's. Nitto's are made by Toyo tires so that is already a good name to hear when talking about tires. These are a MT tire so they will probably wear down quicker than a AT or normal street tire. Maybe I'll post up a review a couple years down the line...

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Well I haven't really heard that argument about the wear properties of Nitto's. Nitto's are made by Toyo tires so that is already a good name to hear when talking about tires. These are a MT tire so they will probably wear down quicker than a AT or normal street tire. Maybe I'll post up a review a couple years down the line...
Please do ! I would like to have a follow up. I did not know the Nittos are made by Toyo. Toyo has great reviews from what I have read so far !

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quit teasing us... we need more pix!
Haha. More pics to come. I just gotta find a nice day. It's been rainy or overcast ever since I put them on.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a set of 305x70r17 nitto grapplers - wear is decent but I expected more from an A/T tire. as for them being built by Toyo, remember all tire companies buil 2 or 3 and sometimes 4 brand names - most are of different quality. GM = GMC, chevy, cady, and hummer, pontiac....etc.... I have read the reviews and here were my findings - Mud Terrian tire that holds up good and looks good - Toyo M/T: an all terrian tire that looks good, performers great as a Ture A/T tire - Dick Cepek Fun Country II

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice tires, but you definitely should have gone 37's. I am running 37's on a 2nd gen with only 7 inches of lift. You have more than enough lift to clear the bigger tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts