Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got finished reclearing my new hood. Had some problems spraying it at 11:00 last night. I ended up with a few runs. Had to sand them out and reclear.
This is the way it came in

I reprimed it and sanded it

Put her in the sprayroom

Epoxyed primed it

And base coat clear coated it

·
Registered
819 Posts
Nice, I have seen that hood before but never seen it installed. Can not wait to see it installed on your truck. Is it functional?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Sweet! Where from? How much? When will you have it installed? That could be very helpful for helping clear air for keeping a supercharger running nice and cool.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I seen that hood on ebay. I think it was around $1000.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Good job... I can't wait to see it on either.

It does look like the VIS hood. I know a guy out in Cali that was selling his for, I think $200 or $300. I would have picked it up but I didn't think it would match my setup.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is the VIS hood. But its not the carbon fiber it's the fiberglass one. It was around 550 with shipping. And it has the cut outs but not really functional more for looks. I'm going to install it after I finish polishing it out in a day or two. I'll get some pics when its on the truck.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I shopped on ebay and found it for 360 but the shipping was 170 and I also got the hood pins. Not that I'm going to use them unless I have too.
Here the last to pic after I fixed the runs

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Can the OEM hood latch not be used? Or are hood pins necessary is it because the hood may bend too much and needs a little more support to hold it closed at the corners?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The OEM hood will attach to it but because it is so light the Vis Racing people told me that they are for extra support but I'll see in a day or two if they are need. I'll keep ya'll informed.

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Awesome bro!!! I have always liked that hood..Shoot my fiberglass hood is heavier than my stock one as it is just cheap metal..Suprised that one is lighter.

I am so glad to see someone else on here taking it to the next level! Props to you bro!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Definitely can't wait to see it installed. Looks like a great way to vent some air from behind the radiators.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No. Mine is called the blade hood. But that one looks pretty good too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Let us see it. I have seen that hood before but never seen a picture of it installed on the truck. I am excited to see somebody gave it a chance and bought it to show us all. Thanks bro.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts