Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Pioneer DVD, I got tired of cranking my factory stero almost all the way up to hear it. So I went last weekend and up graded, also hooked up the factory steering wheel controls, and I'm waiting on a double din connector to add my exsisting Sirius radio, had no problems with install after reading multiple posts by other members on how they did it, thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looking good man. I have had my AVIC-Z110BT in for a couple weeks now and really like it so far. I still need to go through the manual some more as there is a lot of stuff/tricks on these units. Did you go with Metra kit? I was also wondering what brand steering wheel control adapter you have. I ordered the PAC unit but haven't put it in yet.

·
Registered
819 Posts
What model is that? I got the pioneer 4100 and love it. I really like that you got a SD card slot there. You doing any subs or upgrading your speakers?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I with with the scosche dash kit, I got the PAC steering with controls, I found the Pioneer Sirius adapter that allows me to connect my exsisting Sirius in for 25 bucks on ebay. I think the model number is 3200Bt, it has the bluetooth built in, the only thing I am waiting for now is my back up camera, the only real thing I don't like about the Head Unit is that it doesn't have a USB in the back, I want to run my Ipod into my glove box with my sirius, but you can't have everything, but it does have a usb in the front. I think eventually I 'm gonna get some subs and replace my exsisting speakers, probably go with componets for the front, and run the front and subs off a amp, but it sounds ok for me right now, I'm gonna also eventually add either head rest monitors or a flip down for the back seat. A note on the steering wheel controls, the instructions for the PAC were a little confusing for me, you may have to read them a few times. I also made a relay to bypass the DVD player, cost me about 12 bucks at Advanced Auto.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I with with the scosche dash kit, I got the PAC steering with controls, I found the Pioneer Sirius adapter that allows me to connect my exsisting Sirius in for 25 bucks on ebay. I think the model number is 3200Bt, it has the bluetooth built in, the only thing I am waiting for now is my back up camera, the only real thing I don't like about the Head Unit is that it doesn't have a USB in the back, I want to run my Ipod into my glove box with my sirius, but you can't have everything, but it does have a usb in the front. I think eventually I 'm gonna get some subs and replace my exsisting speakers, probably go with componets for the front, and run the front and subs off a amp, but it sounds ok for me right now, I'm gonna also eventually add either head rest monitors or a flip down for the back seat. A note on the steering wheel controls, the instructions for the PAC were a little confusing for me, you may have to read them a few times. I also made a relay to bypass the DVD player, cost me about 12 bucks at Advanced Auto.
I'm getting ready to buy the same headunit...have you heard any improvement in the stock speakers by just installing this headunit?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah for me its like night and day, I don't go about 12 on the vol now, unlike before when it was 3/4 the way cranked with the factory stereo, you should be happy, I am

·
Registered
47 Posts
For the price it looks like an awesome headunit. Just a few more questions...Do settings have a color that pretty much matches the orange/amber interior lighting? Hard was the bypass to play dvds while driving? What back up camera did you order? Thanks in advance for your help, I've been looking at this for about a month and happy to see someone finally has one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts