Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new unichipQ in the mail today. i got the flux receiver and software with it. Unichip USA was kind enough to load it onto my PDA, pair it with the BT module.

Here are some dyno results from before and after the unichip too.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lets try the results again

Attachments

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry guys the dyno results went corrupt if you wanna see them let me know and I will have to Email them to you.

·
Registered
739 Posts
congrats on unichip :D read some good things about it

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Cant see dyno!:crazy3d:NOOOOOOOOOO!
How much did you gain on HP and torque? Also, is it better across the graph or just at the high end?

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice, how much did you get it for?
I didn't really pay $$$ for it but i did a ton of work for UNA's website that accumulated to the value of what they sent me..... (lucky me)

here are the values I got before and after the unichip. Now I have to add that before I had my truck on the dyno I had JBA headers, TRD cat back, and K&N CAI already fitted. With hat said the biggest power gain came from the unichip. I was pretty disappointed that I spent all that $$$ and didn't really feel any power changes. The Unichip made me smile from ear to ear again....

Before
Peak HP 193.7 @ 4928 RPM
Peak Torque 237.4 @ 3932 RPM

After
Peak HP 201.2 @ 4894 RPM
Peak Torque 250.4 @ 3945

Whoo hoo!!!

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is it better across the graph or just at the high end?
The torque is noticeably higher all through the RPM range. I notice this best with giving more gas and where the truck use to **** down to 4th or 3rd depending on how much gas you give now it will just accelerate in what ever gear your are in until you exceed a certain throttle %. In the mountains the truck was a dream to drive too and from a complete stop it was also much faster out of the line. Changing gears was also better and it didn't feel like it bogged down when it shifted. It accelerated, changed gears and lets get to business feel. I spoke to guy who tuned my truck and he said the truck timing when changing gears was dramatically retarded and they increased the timing at gear shift and that woke the truck up FAST!!!!

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am really proud!!!!LOL

Thank you Gorilla.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I have to say, the site is looking better than last time I looked. I remember seeing a bunch of remote control cars last time, turned me off. I wouldn't want to depend on any r/c car programmers to mess with my truck! With the better info available, the fact that I already have the headers, and the 10%off promo code, I may have to look into this a little more. I have always feared messing with the computer, but it's getting hard to resist.

HMMM, Camburg UCA's or Unichip......:confuseda:

·
Registered
123 Posts
You got an 8hp gain from unichip?
He also has JBA headers, K&N filter, (assume some sort of exhaust?) along with the custom tune if I'm not mistaken.

I am curious as to what gains you could expect and a un-modified truck (if any). I want to get one but all I have is a magna flow muffler and Trueflow air filter. Not sure it would see any gains putting the unichip on with out headers. That combo seems to give the best results with the chip.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Before
Peak HP 193.7 @ 4928 RPM
Peak Torque 237.4 @ 3932 RPM

After
Peak HP 201.2 @ 4894 RPM
Peak Torque 250.4 @ 3945

Whoo hoo!!!
congratulations! :tu::tu:

i would have thought that there would have been much more than 8 hp (4%) and 13 torque (5.5 %) gains from your upgrades including unichip. one member boasts 350 hp, smoking tires, blah-blah-blah, all while naturally aspired. it would be difficult for me to notice these small gains in hp and tq from the seat of the pants. and i note that this does not appear to be your experience. cool!

what you posted makes me feel like the improvement in throttle response achieved by the timing adjustment at shift points has had a bigger effect on the performance than the additional hp and tq. although the hp and tq increases help as well. this has me wondering about the validity of a post i read somewhere here on ts where the poster stated that the unichip upgrade was pointless unless you already had headers, air filter, and exhaust upgrades like you previously had. even the unichip site says something to the effect that the unichip will wake up your upgrades (sic). and by the way, nice work on the site!

my point is that perhaps with a "tuner in the know" that there are other ways the unichip can benefit our trucks than we are privy to. it would be great for some unichip tuners to post up here on ts and share their experiences with us. we are basically an untapped market about right now.

if a person had to spend the money to get headers/install, air filter, exhaust upgrade/install, and unichip i'd venture that this would be at least 2k or more, and to only get 8 hp and 13 tq for 2k = $250.00/hp and $154.00/tq. as a comparison, i installed a sc on my mustang and got 155 hp for $28.00/hp. now i know it cost more/hp when you mod naturally aspired, but this just seems excessive to me. not knocking your actions here brother, just making an observation. i too have been down the naturally aspired road before and to me it was more fun than cost effective. as a general rule of thumb, when achieved by basic bolt on's, hp is expensive. and in the case of our tundra's this is putting it mildly.

·
Registered
232 Posts
yeah i was going to say 8hp is pretty much nothing....headers will give you 10 or more, is what I've heard.

Congrats on a free unichip though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
yeah i was going to say 8hp is pretty much nothing....headers will give you 10 or more, is what I've heard.

Congrats on a free unichip though.
Not defending the HP # high or low but something to consider is he is located in Colorado. Those of us that live here at high altitude take a hit on HP. Not sure how much but I have heard 3% per 1000ft? I'm guessing he is probably around 6000ft in the Denver area.
If that is true his HP numbers could be 18% lower then someone at sea level?

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
congratulations! :tu::tu:

i would have thought that there would have been much more than 8 hp (4%) and 13 torque (5.5 %) gains from your upgrades including unichip. one member boasts 350 hp, smoking tires, blah-blah-blah, all while naturally aspired. it would be difficult for me to notice these small gains in hp and tq from the seat of the pants. and i note that this does not appear to be your experience. cool!

what you posted makes me feel like the improvement in throttle response achieved by the timing adjustment at shift points has had a bigger effect on the performance than the additional hp and tq. although the hp and tq increases help as well. this has me wondering about the validity of a post i read somewhere here on ts where the poster stated that the unichip upgrade was pointless unless you already had headers, air filter, and exhaust upgrades like you previously had. even the unichip site says something to the effect that the unichip will wake up your upgrades (sic). and by the way, nice work on the site!

my point is that perhaps with a "tuner in the know" that there are other ways the unichip can benefit our trucks than we are privy to. it would be great for some unichip tuners to post up here on ts and share their experiences with us. we are basically an untapped market about right now.

if a person had to spend the money to get headers/install, air filter, exhaust upgrade/install, and unichip i'd venture that this would be at least 2k or more, and to only get 8 hp and 13 tq for 2k = $250.00/hp and $154.00/tq. as a comparison, i installed a sc on my mustang and got 155 hp for $28.00/hp. now i know it cost more/hp when you mod naturally aspired, but this just seems excessive to me. not knocking your actions here brother, just making an observation. i too have been down the naturally aspired road before and to me it was more fun than cost effective. as a general rule of thumb, when achieved by basic bolt on's, hp is expensive. and in the case of our tundra's this is putting it mildly.
One word for this post..........aspirated:ts:

you actually hit upon a good point as to "tuner in the know" point you made. Hmmm

1 - 20 of 45 Posts