Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I posted about my wrecked 2003 Tundra. I just picked up another Tundra with, access cab, TRD Off-Road package, tow package, 60k miles, and white in color. I will have pictures later.

The 60k miles service is due and I called the dealer to ask them how much it would cost, $300 and some change. Now I probably could do most of it myself but it also comes with an inspection and since I bought it used from the owner, the dealer could let me know anything that is wrong with it during the inspections. Is there a light that comes on for the 60k service. I know I have the tire pressure monitor light. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

via iPhone

Here is as promise the pictures to my car. I just put on the factory tube steps which I like the best for the access cab. I will add 35w 5000k HID lights, Nokya Hyper Yellow 2500k fogs, Weathertech bug deflector and vent visor. All of those items are already order and should be here shortly.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, no it's not.
if by now,
you don't have a clue what a access cab white tundra w/trd look's like,
the worthless thread/post is your's sucker'swalk. he never mentioned anything special.
so i belive it's a nice clean access cab, white in color.
good for you, i hope it's a great tundra. i belive you have the up-grades that came in 2004.
happy tundraing, good luck with your new ride. :)
gorilla

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Wow, one post to totally derail a thread...what a shame. People just want to see the new baby :rolleyes:

Anyways, I was initially going to advise against relying on the dealer inspection. It's really cursory during those interval services. However, they would probably capitalize on the opportunity to sell you a repair, so maybe it's not a bad idea after all :) Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
104 Posts
About a month ago I posted about my wrecked 2003 Tundra. I just picked up another Tundra with, access cab, TRD sports package, tow package, 60k miles, and white in color. I will have pictures later.

The 60k miles service is due and I called the dealer to ask them how much it would cost, $300 and some change. Now I probably could do most of it myself but it also comes with an inspection and since I bought it used from the owner, the dealer could let me know anything that is wrong with it during the inspections. Is there a light that comes on for the 60k service. I know I have the tire pressure monitor light. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

via iPhone
Congra on picking up your new Tundra...to answer your question about the maintenance light, I do not have one on mine. Just remember the intervals for minors and major maintenance.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I have a maintenance required light on mine. It comes on every 5,000 miles, but there isn't a specific light for the 60,000 service if that's what you meant.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, one post to totally derail a thread...what a shame. People just want to see the new baby :rolleyes:

Anyways, I was initially going to advise against relying on the dealer inspection. It's really cursory during those interval services. However, they would probably capitalize on the opportunity to sell you a repair, so maybe it's not a bad idea after all :) Best of luck to you!
Yea, I don't take my cars in for regular maintenance either but since I bought it used and didn't get a PPI I could use their inspection as a PPI. Maybe not as thorough as the PPI but good enough?

congrats. you got a good color. and pics are always welcome. Worth a thousand words i hear.
Will have them when I have time.

I have a maintenance required light on mine. It comes on every 5,000 miles, but there isn't a specific light for the 60,000 service if that's what you meant.
Yea, I think that what it is. The thing is I talked to the lady and I think she told me the oiled was change before the 5,000 miles. When I get it changed hopefully it should turn off.

The car has 60,500 miles and has the TRD off road package, not sports package. I found that out when I looked at the window sticker she had in the glove compartment. She took off the TRD sticker off so I wasn't sure which TRD option it was. It has the captions chair with center console and passenger console. My 2003 was a bench style with no passenger console. Also has white fender flares, not sure if that is the TRD sport or off road option, but my 2003 did not have that and it was a TRD sport.

This will be my "work" and toy hauler truck, not much a DD. Things I know I will most likely get is the side step rails (OEM look, or metal rails?), bug deflector, window tint, and window deflectors. Not planning on rims or lift. I going to try and keep this truck looking stock clean.

·
Registered
544 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
agree with all. bigtime congrats on the 06 purchase and there is no light for scheduled maintenance other than the 5000 mile interval for oil and tire rotation.
300 is alot for someone to "inspect" your new ride. put on some old clothes and slide under it. u will be able to find just as much as they will.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
it might be the spare tire setting off the tpms. very nice truck.
I tend to agree, make sure you're talking about the right light.

The 06 is a great year. As last of the Gen-1s they seem to have ironed out all the kinks by then.

We do require some :photo:. Congrats

·
Registered
756 Posts
there is a reset button underneath the steering wheel, in the center of the drivers side dash panel, closer to the gas pedal. I would suggest reading the manual. It will show you where to look and how to clear it. Alot of useful info in there for you to learn. They did have an issue with factory metal caps adhearing to the metal stem if the tpms sensor itself. Warranty issue at the time. there is a mod to ground the thing out and turn out the light all together. do a search on tpms. You'll get all the tire pressure you can stand. lol.this site is awesome and full of all kinds of info. the search box is a virtual encyclopidia of truck stuff. Other than that these trucks are great. I did my front pads this past weekend in 35 mins flat. using only a four way, a pair of water pump pliers, and a cheezy floor jack. Stands to but they didn't come into play, thank god. lol. The hardest part was taking off the wheel.:D

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
man these trucks are sooo handsome. i bought a 2002 AC about 2 years ago. I love the truck it is awesome. Only thing I regret is not having a machanic check it out before I got over earger and bought it. Who ever had it before me didnt take good care of it (I found out later) The paint is in bad shape and it was well hidden at the first second and third viewing. and little bits abd pieces here and there. i wish I had the cha ching to buy a 05 or 06. Luckily this is a Toyota and it is machanically sound. I just made a trip to Vail CO from Broomfield and back. I drove the truck pretty hard chasing some coffee grinders up and down the mountains.... LOL Truck ran like a dream and still got 18.7 MPG....

Happy Tundring.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts