Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last week I had a 2006 Limited Tundra with only 8k miles on it... I purchased a Weekend Warrior for my Motox Photography business and last weekend was my first trip in it loaded.. Trailer is 4500lbs and loaded close to 6300lbs. The truck was 3200-3500 rpms for 3 hours , wasted 175 dollars in gas to get to the event yada yada...
I went looked at a Chevy 2500HD.. I had a 2001 Chevy and it was an outstanding truck. The dealerships were not doing squat for me and was offering me like 21k for my still new limited Tundra.. I had looked at the 07 Tundras right when they came out at a big Motocross event since Toyota is the Primary sponsorship for AMA racing. I fell in love with it instanlty but the price way too much...

Ok so here I am 4 days to go before I have to get on the road again to the races, I went and checked out the Tundras again (thank god) and they had like 30 on the lot so walking around I looked at a bunch and wanted 4 wd but when I saw this one truck that was it.. I said "is that 4x4?" umm nope' thats ok I want that one.. I said make me an offer I cant refuse so I can drive her home... Im not going to mention where I got the truck because people will probably get mad saying im advertising so anyways... I went on a killer killer lease program got into a truck i thought was not possible and the truck is absolutley a dream to drive.. I cant say enough about this hog, I towed the trailer around yesterday and it towed it like it was not on the truck... Im stoked, ive had 9 toyota trucks and one Chevy since I was 16 yrs old and they all bee great to me with care and maintence but this new Tundra is down rite sweet.. Well here is a few photos, its double cab SR5 with tow pack, tow mirros,back up camera and some basic other options..Also a set of Toyo tires with 22" Momos lol I didnt even know momos were around still .

ONE THING I DONT LIKE: Why is there no foglamps on the trucks? The cut out is there but there capped off unless you have TRD package?? I dunno that is sorta cheap. I also think suck a beatiful truck should come with a bedliner like my 05' Tacoma did. Overall the thing is a beast and I am very happy especially with the lease deal I got..

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I think i just found the wheels want for my beast when i get it. Any idea how much the wheels were? I would get 20's and wrap them in bigger rubber but i love clean five spoke chrome rims. I know you can get the foglights with the TRD package but i have seen limited non TRD's with foglights so i think its a limited option.

·
Registered
110 Posts
There are a number of post on how/what to add for aftermarket fogs. Also, you can get the OEM Toyota fogs and switch, and use the factory wiring (that's already in place), but it's expensive ($150 each for the fogs, $80 for the switch-a headlight stalk replacement, and about $100 for someone to pull the airbag and steering wheel to install the switch).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Great lookin truck. :tu: :tu: Good lock with it. The 5 spoke wheels do look good.
BTW what does the neighor w/ the super duty have to say?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Great combination of wheels and color! Looks great! I ordered the 20" carved wheels for my truck when it comes in, but I may consider getting some chrome rims...I dunno :confused:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Nice quality pics. The Pyrite Mica looks great and will be my choice, also. The wheels are outrageous!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol My neighbor is in aww over it... he said "wow these things sure came a long way".. I saw on some site that Tundras are American designed and built so maybe that explains there larger size.

The rims and tire combo was like 5k I think... I wanted a 4x4 but I got a screamin deal on this one with rims so I said screw it. The back up camera works like a charm , I usually get in and out of my truck about 15 times since I am horrible at lining the hitch up lol now I do it with 2 tries hehe... The info center is cool too shows you ave mpg and how many left you have in your tank.. Temp and clock...The y have made a very nice truck I liked my 06 alot and still do/did but this baby has so much power

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Awesome, love the wheels. How far do they stick out? Could you get a straight on shot showing how much they stick out?

Great looking truck! :tu:

·
Registered
621 Posts
I got the TRD Package so I have the fog lamps. I was told by too many Toyota truck owners here in Alaska that if I got a new Tundra to make sure it had the TRD Package. Up here the TRD option is a must have.

·
Registered
69 Posts
NICE LOOKING TRUCK. Just like mine PYRITE MICA baby!!! I got a TRD Package that's why I got the Fog Lamps with it...Nice wheels too congrats

1 - 15 of 15 Posts