Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, well, this is probably one of the more idiotic questions, but I gotta ask... if you put the bolted wheel-spacers on, is a wheel-alignment necessary? I'm kind of thinking that it probably isn't a must-do, but that I'll be better off doing so anyway. The reason being is that I don't see how it would necessarily throw off the alignment itself unless the surface it was being attached to (around the bolts) was uneven or if the product itself was not perfectly flat or not properly and evenly tightened. But beyond that, I can't see much need to do an alignment. I'm just trying to find out so I can factor in the cost of doing so...

·
Registered
665 Posts
It will not hurt to get one of course, but its not necessary. It might be a good time to have it done if you have some miles on the truck and never had it done. Just my .02

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Well, people usually say that "changing factory offset on our trucks will often result in vibrations due to the Tundra's Rack-and-Pinion steering"

Maybe an alignment would help.?

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
I suspect that the bigger issue will be getting the wheels to center up correctly with the spacers.
With the size and weight of the Tundra tire it only takes a few thousandths of an inch off center to get a terrible vibration.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Those spacers are 'hub-centric" and use the "acorn" styled tapered lugnuts, which are supposed to center them properly onto the lugs - FYI

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks PoPo... I would hope that there would be an easy way to ensure that they attached properly (i.e. centered) without too much of an issue...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts