Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TOYOTA: moving foward, whether you want to or not. ;) why dont you folks buy american? toyota had more recalls than ford and chevy over the last ten years, why are they felt to be so reliable.

besides, toyotas rust away after a few years!!! why not buy something that lasts?

Half of the people on the website seem like their surprised their Tundras are still running. And there are some funny posts and people in there.

One of the guys is named NYPDBLUE but lives in Miami.

Another guy actually bought his Tundra from a dealer name "Rice Toyota"

Another guy has the name "cooter2" which is just funny in itself

the tundra is a Japanese interpretation of what an American truck should look like, and it's hideous. The proportions are all wrong. the front looks like a swollen whale. the 8 foot bed is truly ugly as hell.

good day!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Wow did some one get your panties in a twist... must because you own a Ford!! :ban:

I had a friend of mine Die in a Roll over accident in a Ford Explorer from their recall issues, so please leave my Tundra web site and don't ever come back, every time I see one of these GOD FORSAKEN machines on the road im reminded of that incident.

My First Truck was a Ford, The very first winter I had it, the heat did not work, so I took it in for a look and there was a sanding bit stuck in the coolant lines to the heat exchanger!! WTF is that! Then I hit 50k miles and the Transmission went, then the rear differential blew up at 54k miles then the last part that broke my back was both hub carrier assemblies in the front as well as the Transfer case took a dump and It needed full rebuilds as well as new front spindles at 61k miles. These repairs added up to more than the truck was worth!!

I was stranded for 4 days in Colorado in our familys E150 van because the fuel pump died at 19k miles and there was a shortage of the replacement parts in the country because so many of them were failing.....

I won't own another ford no one in my family will own a ford and I blame them for my friends death, please Don't post here again!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Ahhh don't ban the little guy. He just has buyers remorse. He's a cute little troll though, don't you think?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I feel bad for people that live their lives sweating the small things.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Yeah i did buy my truck at Rice Toyota, maybe because the owner happens to be Garson Rice? If making fun of where we bought our vehicles and what our s/n's are is the best you got, than you sir outta be ashamed to call yourself a troll. Come back when you have some new material we may actually give a sh!t about. ;)

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
If i were going to buy American it certainly woulnd't be a Ford. We had 2 Super Duties in my company and they were nothing but problems. I think 4 transmissions in 78,000 miles is part of that "good offerings" you speak of? :tu:

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
maybe if ford didnt break down at 100,000 thousand miles. Its no wonder why they make everything under the sun for Ford trucks and cars because noone wants them stock. Im glad a stock tundra has some of the best reviews. Fords new slogan is stupid Smart truck for the F150 who the hell cares if you have internet in your truck or you can dial someone by name. Ford sucks they make slow diesels too.

·
Registered
656 Posts

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
5.4. That is the reason I didn't buy a Ford. That is a laughable excuse of a motor.

And....was the engine running in that youtube video? Check Engine lights come on when you turn the key to see the mileage.....duh.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
YouTube - Tundra Deconstructed: Episode I - The Tear Down

pause it at 0:12. see the check engine lights??
Wow that was pathetic..haha. First off, when you first cut the truck on, all the lights show up. Second, even if it was on, IT HAS 100,000 MILES ON IT! It could be something as simple as your gas cap not being tightened properly or a air sensors may have come loose or needs to be replaced. Whatever the reason may be, watch the whole 3 part series and see just what the truck went through. Doubt a gas F-150 could pull all that and do it with as little maintence the Tundra had.

·
Registered
410 Posts
support your damn country. america has some good offerings!

Your ford has less maufactured parts in the US than the Toyota Tundra. The Camry is the Auto that is manufactured most here. There is a label that tells you this. If ford is United States built where has the Detroit gone?
I will tell you! to Mexico.

It's not like a smart person to come off home turf and make commments like this. I am sure this forum will have fun with you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey there fordguy, I run a small contract surveying company and we have ran f-250 and f-350 for the past 15 years. We are currently phasing out all of our fords. The new deisels are a joke and they stand up to the moniker=Found On the Road Dead! That is all... Oh and since your being so patriotic please go through everything you own and burn everything that is not made in America...and then lets see where your @... this is the nature of our world we live in quit your *****in!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, the Raptor is an awesome truck. However, for the price I could buy a Tundra with the 5.7 and throw a Camburg long travel kit on it with some glass fendors and a custom Deaver 11-pack for less then the price of a raptor.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Excuse the guy (fordguy).... he just get laid-off by working for Ford. Now he's trying to bash/trolling... thinking maybe Ford will call him back.

·
Registered
50 Posts
good thing your ford will be worth less then what you still own on it. i do buy I did buy an American built truck tundra, more american parts then your ford, and why are you even in here, last time i check this is tundra solutions not ford solutions

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.